PDA

View Full Version : Girder trial, Firefly remote and Modifiers

virgus
April 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Hi, I'm finally testing Girder but it's not so easy as I imagined.

I have two remotes: MCE European version and Firefly remote.
I noticed that the latter has a nice plugin that recognizes Down Repeat and Up events for each single key (while MCE plugins don't :( )
So I tried to set some actions on "up" or "repeat" keypresses but didn't work.
Moreover I tried to use the "invert" option wit no Modifier checked and I expected the "down" keypress to work but nothing happened either. It seems that I can only use "down" and "repeat" modifiers and "up" and "invert" checkboxes have no effects.

I am wondering if this is a limitation of the trial version or a bug in Firefly plugin or in Girder or something I'm missing...

Another issue I had is that when I use the mouse plugin with the firefly (the right mouse button is located on the exit button) I cannot assign a command to the exit button as it is executed toghether with the mouse click. Instead all the Arrow keys work properly: when the mouse plugin is active up, down, left, right are suspended from their normal behaviour.

Thanks for any suggestion/help you might give.
V.

Promixis
April 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hi,

Did you read the manual, especially the part on adding your remote? We include a default setup for the FF.

virgus
April 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Mike,
thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I setup the FF remote using the plugin I found on the website, I setup the remote and then all the gml files I needed, actually I'm still working on it as there seems to be still a lot to do. And the manual helps a lot, but I would like also to use the key "up" and the "invert" feature and use the mouse plugin properly if I can solve the issues I described in my previous post.
V.

Rob H
April 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Just checking - which version of Girder is this?

I think I'm right in saying that Girder 4 already comes with a plugin for the FireFly (Generic X10 Remotes in the Settings dialog).

By the way - this is probably the wrong forum for this - it should be in either the Girder 4 or Girder 3.3 forums. This forum is intended largely for people developing Girder plugins.

virgus
April 5th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Rob,
sorry if I missed the right forum, but I read about bug report and thought this was the place where to post my questions.
Regarding the X10 Plugin it does not handle key up and key repeat events with the firefly remote.
The FF plugin does but I still don't know if the "up" and "inverse" management fault depends on the plugin or on Girder itself. I mentioned the MS MCE remote: I tried that too with both the plugins available but none recognizes repeat and mouse up events so I cannot find an answer with the tools I have...
A good question could be: is anybody using "up" and "invert" modifier option successfully? If the answer is yes then the ploblem might be in the FF plugin. If no then there might be a little bug to fix...

V.