PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo AV receiver rs232 control for G4

barca0
April 5th, 2006, 06:48 AM
since I was not very happy with my harman kardon, I changed it for an Onkyo. Which means I am having the same serial fun again. There is an Onkyo file for G3 in the download section (attached below), which works fine for me too but the trouble starts when doing the same with G4. here is my lua file:

local device = serial.Classes.Simple:New({

Name = "Onkyo",
Description = "Onkyo Audio Video Receiver",

BaudRate = 9600,
Parity = 0,
StopBits = 1,
DataBits = 8,
FlowControl = 'N',
GlobalName = 'Onkyo',

Initialize = function (self)
gir.LogMessage(self.Name, 'Communications OK',3)
self.Status = "Communication OK"
return serial.Classes.Simple.Initialize (self)
end,
})
serial.AddDevice(device)

and here is a description of the interface:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:3nxDF5klz74J:download.trackers-world.net/download.php%3Fdownload_file%3Dheimkino/onkyo_rs232_for_787_dtr-7.1.pdf%26source_site%3Ddownload+ONKYO+RS232+descr iption&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=opera

The code sent in the G3 version corresponds to the description. (e.g. 21315057523030 for power off) But sending the same from G4 does not work. I guess the problem is that I donīt know how to treat this EOF/CR thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob H
April 5th, 2006, 07:25 AM
The first, most obvious thing is the StopBits = 1 - that actually means stop bits = 1.5 (it's a long story). Use StopBits = 0 instead.

Rob H
April 5th, 2006, 07:30 AM
And here's the original PDF which contains more information :-

http://download.trackers-world.net/download/heimkino/onkyo_rs232_for_787_dtr-7.1.pdf

And you do need to install the Japanese character support for Acrobat or a lot of English text is dropped.

Promixis
April 5th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Hi,

try this...

Promixis
April 5th, 2006, 07:33 AM
And here's the original PDF which contains more information :-

http://download.trackers-world.net/download/heimkino/onkyo_rs232_for_787_dtr-7.1.pdf

And you do need to install the Japanese character support for Acrobat or a lot of English text is dropped.

I got an early start :D

Rob H
April 5th, 2006, 07:39 AM
LOL

barca0
April 6th, 2006, 05:49 AM
the japanese fonts! how ignorant of me:-) and I thought why is this bugger always asking for stuff I would not understand anyways.

thanks a lot for the lua file. works perfect. although I have a feeling I might come back with some display status issues.......

barca

p.s. I uploaded the harman file but somehow it still sticks in this upload section

Promixis
April 6th, 2006, 07:48 AM
the japanese fonts! how ignorant of me:-) and I thought why is this bugger always asking for stuff I would not understand anyways.

thanks a lot for the lua file. works perfect. although I have a feeling I might come back with some display status issues.......

barca

p.s. I uploaded the harman file but somehow it still sticks in this upload section

thanks, i just have to ok it.

barca0
May 8th, 2007, 03:51 PM
what a bummer. I was about to try the display readout part but neither do I find the Onkyo interface description on my PC or in the web, nor does the link above work anymore.

Does somebody still have the document and could post it??????

many thanks
barca