PDA

View Full Version : NR 1.9 PPC won't cleanly exit with my plug-ins

avid
April 5th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Ben,

Now that I can reasonably reliably run NR 1.9 in live use, I am finding that I can't cleanly exit NR when any of three of my plug-ins are installed. These are three which use PluginSocketEvents. Looking with PHM Task Manager, the NetRemote process is still there, showing a few threads, but no main message loop. So I can't then restart NR without a reset.

More worryingly, the same problem affects Zoom. If I connect to Zoom at all using its plug-in, then NetRemote won't die.

Could this be something to do with the new Shutdown() call, which I have not been previously able to give serious live testing? Has anything else changed in the networking since 1.1 that plug-ins need to be aware of?

Brian

Mastiff
April 5th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Brian, I don't see that problem with Zoom on my PPC (XDA Atom with WM5). I can close and restart NR without any problems.

avid
April 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Tor,

Can you confirm that this is with the latest beta and that you exit after having used Zoom with NR?

@Ben: If that is what Tor is saying, could it be a very recent problem with the pre-beta "full-screen bug fix" build?

Brian

Mastiff
April 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM
First: Congratulation on your post number 1000! I won't spoil your hour of greatness by saying how may I have... :roll:

Second: The beta I'm running is dated the 31st of March, I think that's the latest official one. Or isn't it? I'm running the Zoom Player 5 preview, if that matters. I have now gone into the Zoom screen on NR, paused and unpaused, skipped chapters and even used the seek bar, and I can close and restart NR after doing that.

avid
April 5th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks Tor,

That clarifies things. I think the significant difference is that I am running the unreleased version that Ben attached to the main 2.0 thread at Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:14. That version fixes the "full-screen bug" that stopped me making any progress whatsoever.

BTW, I am pleased to hear that all is well with the ZP 5.0 preview. I had planned to wait until there was a beta and only then add support for the new stuff into NR. I think the navigators will change significantly before release and I did not want to waste time adding support for volatile aspects.

Brian

Mastiff
April 5th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Well, I really like the 5 preview, especially the new navigator. For the first time I find myself pulling that one up to play my DVDs from the hard drive. Of course when the support for DVDs really is working in NR, I will probably go back to that. :wink: