PDA

View Full Version : Sony VPH-12XX projector serial protocol

psg
April 9th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Does anybody have any info on this????? I'd be happy to write a driver if I had the least bit of info to start with ...

Paul

johnnyslane
April 10th, 2006, 01:42 AM
I'm trying to locate the same information for a second projector. There are references to the information on the web, but I'm unable to find anything valuable. As many of these projectors are out there, I can't imagine that someone hasn't got one working on a serial connection with Girder. GML or protocols would be greatly appreciated. I found the D50 information but haven't had a chance to try the protocols yet. I understand there is an RSM-1270 document available for 12xx series projectors, but read accounts of them not being easy to get from Sony.

Mastiff,

My Barco works great thanks to you.

Promixis,

Great product - thanks for making life a little easier.

Promixis
April 10th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Mastiff,

My Barco works great thanks to you.

Promixis,

Great product - thanks for making life a little easier.

Thanks!

psg
April 17th, 2006, 09:49 PM
OK, so far I have obtained a USB<->RS422 adapter, and made a cable, and tried PJSerialComm with my 1292, trying all the CRT settings (D50, G70 & G90).

While the projector does seem to be sending *something* back to the computer (there are send and recieve LCDs on the adapter) if I send a command while it is off, I'm not having what you'd call success.

I'll try calling Sony's professional products tech support tomorrow.

I simply cannot believe that this info is completely lost ...