PDA

View Full Version : mediabridge add / play search node command?

kurtlewis
April 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I have two buttons set up in NR on the mediabridge tree-view page.

button 1> mediabridge command: Add selected media library node()
button 2> mediabridge command: Play selected media library node()
So, on my touch-pad I highlight what I want and hit the appropriate button, and it send the item to the playlist (since right-click is a pain-in-the-arse with a touchpad...)

I want to do this on my search results page as well, but I need an equivalent mb command like:
mediabridge command: Add selected search list node()
mediabridge command: Play selected search list node()
of course, play-all and play-next would be helpful too.

Any way to do this?

kurtlewis
April 13th, 2006, 02:25 AM
bump - anyone?

avid
April 13th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Kurt,

I haven't tried this, but from memory ...

Ben added "selected" NR variables for the search results. But these do not return the tree node - instead they return the file path. I can't remember what the variables are called - used the variable inspector.

The command "X PLAYFILE <path>" can be used in place of LX PLAY.

Dunno about adding instead of playing though.

Brian

kurtlewis
April 13th, 2006, 04:50 AM
thanks- I'll mess around with it.
I find these add / play buttons highly useful for the tree, and since i just added search it would be equally as useful. Really, it's very impractical to have to rely on using right-click methods for touch-screens.

avid
April 13th, 2006, 05:47 AM
A problem is that you get the file path of each found track individually, so if you want a "Play Album" button you have to have a very disciplined strucure of the file hierarchy and do some path string manipulation in Lua.

Brian

kurtlewis
April 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
A problem is that you get the file path of each found track individually, so if you want a "Play Album" button you have to have a very disciplined strucure of the file hierarchy and do some path string manipulation in Lua.

Brian

ok, thanks Brian... I think I'll go shoot myself now.. :P

kurtlewis
April 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
anyone have further thoughts on this? nothing is proving fruitful at finding a reasonable solution.

since the 'play', 'play all', 'add' commands are accessible via the alt-menu, is there a way to access those commands directly and put them on a button?

Ben S
April 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
This is not currently supported, but let me see if I can make this work for you.

kurtlewis
April 24th, 2006, 10:39 PM
that would be so helpful- it's really a non issue on ppc, because you are using a stylus and alt-click is simple.

But on a regular touch-screen like a Viewsonic or Fujitsu 3500, alt-click and double-click menu access is impossible!