PDA

View Full Version : Net Remote and Girder V4

HotFrog
April 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

I'm using Netremote on Dell axim X51 to control my PC to listen to the music and I'm quite a new user of netremote and girder. I'm trying to understand the way it works but from now what I have been able to do is the netremote *.ccf file with success. But actually I would like to use Girder to get more control over my computer (mouse pointing, get a movies library, shutdown the computer ...). I'm not understanding well the way it works and I'm actually struggling getting a proper result. Does anyone would have already done this ? Could I get examples on the way to pilote the computer with my dell axim trough netremote and girder ?

Thanks for the help.
Nico.

Promixis
April 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Nico,

Have you read the help guide that comes with NR2.0? This explains many things. The mouse functionality should work out of the box with the Pro ccf.

Let me know if it isn't...

HotFrog
April 11th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Hi Mike,

I do not have Netremote 2. Apparently this is an extra cost to get it from the release 1.9 if I understand well. In fact I thought I could get it as a free update as I bought Net Remote Pro+IR a month ago. Where I to have known about the release 2 I would have been waiting a month before buying the release 1.9. Please tell me if I have a chance to get the release 2 without an extra cost.
Nonetheless where could I pick up the appropriate help to progress and make girder work with netremote ?

Thanks.

Nico.

Ben S
April 11th, 2006, 05:44 AM
The help files have a bit more information concerning some of NR 2's features, but the version you have (1.1) will work find with Girder.

NetRemote should autodiscover Girder 4 (if it doesn't, you need to go into the plugin properties and create a G4 instance).

From the standard CCF, you can then select the "Other" tab which will show two items which use Girder, weather and mouse and keyboard.

If you go to mouse and keyboard, it should use G4 "stock" to control the mouse and keyboard of the G4 computer.