View Full Version : I think I'm breaking voice plugin output

April 22nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
While developing my SAPI voice command plugin, I've been running into a problem with the voice plugin.

Sometimes I cannot get the plugin to produce any sound. When this happens, I go through and I make sure the output is enabled and the correct output device is selected. The voice actions and events appear to occur as expected. Restarting Girder makes no difference, once the problem occurs, nothing I've tried fixes it.

What's even more confusing, is that when the voice plugin is not producing any output, I can still enter the Text-to-Speech control panel dialog and get audio out when using the voice preview function.

What concerns me, is that my plugin is causing the problem. I don't how this might be since my plugin only interacts with SAPI recognizers (ISpRecognizer, etc.) and not voices (ISpVoice).

What really confuses me, is that when the voice output is working, I have no problem using my plugin. I'm wondering if the problem might arise because I start and exit Girder repeatedly for testing new builds of my plugin (I do this because its easier than going into the plugin settings dialog and disabling my plugin).

Anybody else had similar problems with the voice plugin?

April 22nd, 2006, 03:12 PM
I guess I should mention that nothing short of a reboot solves the problem. Rebooting windows gets the voice output working again.

April 23rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I am currently hunting down a shutdown bug in Girder. Maybe this is getting you? I am not sure.