PDA

View Full Version : Newest Girder beta - a few issues

kurtlewis
May 2nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Just loaded new G4 beta build (4-0-4-10.exe)

This is what I'm seeing-

-My CM15a is not recognized, plugin is active. But it does not show up as a selectable device under the X10 settings / Devices

When I launch G4 I get two errors one after the other "Could not find lua.dll". Clicking past the errors loads up G4 and everything seems to run.

I have the two below errors show up in the logger:

Time Date Source Details Payloads
08:14:33:593 5/2/2006 Girder Could not load C:\Program Files\Promixis\girder\plugins\WinLUAEx.dll Plugin. (1)
Time Date Source Details Payloads
08:14:30:406 5/2/2006 Girder Could not load C:\Program Files\Promixis\girder\plugins\LUAEvents.dll Plugin. (1)

-On clicking the options/settings button in advanced view, the button stays depressed and Girder peggs my CPU at 100%. I have to kill girder.exe with task manger. It has done this twice.
-On launching Girder there was one instance where it pegged my CPU at 100%. again had to kill it with task manager

Ron
May 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
What are the errors exactly? Probably you need to reinstall Girder.

kurtlewis
May 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hi Ron- What else do you need, the only errors are the ones I posted above.

The 'could not find lua.dll' is a windows error popup on starting G4
The plugin errors are loggin in G4 lua console after G4 loads
I'm not sure why G4 is not seeing my CM15a; has this plugin been tested and if so, do I need to check any G4 config items for the CM15a that I may have overlooked?

Ron
May 2nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
I've done a search on the Girder source for that exact string and it doesn't appear anywhere.

So this must be a message from Windows regarding a dll that is trying to load lua.dll, however we no longer use lua.dll we use lua5.dll. Are you trying to load an old Girder 3 plugin?

Promixis
May 2nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
winluaex and luaevents are 3.3 plugins...

kurtlewis
May 2nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
yep, I just figured that out as well. Guess they were remnant from the first time I upgraded 3.3 to 4.

I've since done a clean install and all of these error messages went away, sorry for the false alert guys.

CM15a is still not being detected by the plugin however, not sure what to do about that. I know my CM15a works b/c i'm using it w/ activehome pro and remotely controlling it with HIP

Ron
May 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
What version of Girder do you own? Std/Pro/WHP?

kurtlewis
May 2nd, 2006, 05:05 PM
I don't own G4 yet Ron, i'm still testing it with a trial key. You gave me an extended key the other week so I could get under the hood and see if I could make it work well enough with my AV and HA gear to warrant purchasing it.

i'm about 2 weeks into seriously messing with it, and it's been challenging!

Promixis
May 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
Kurt,

When you enable the CM!5A plugin, are you seeing any error messages in the lua console?

kurtlewis
May 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
nope, no errors- oddly enough, i'm not seeing anything logged for the device or related to it.
I also tried unplugging the device and re-connecting it, then restarting G. That didn't help either.

Is anyone successfully using this plugin right now w/ this build of G? Man I'd love to stop using HIP for controlling my CM15a via http calls and integrate it into Girder.

Promixis
May 3rd, 2006, 07:11 AM
nope, no errors- oddly enough, i'm not seeing anything logged for the device or related to it.
I also tried unplugging the device and re-connecting it, then restarting G. That didn't help either.

Is anyone successfully using this plugin right now w/ this build of G? Man I'd love to stop using HIP for controlling my CM15a via http calls and integrate it into Girder.

ok, there is no error message in the logger ie. activehome cannot connect?

kurtlewis
May 3rd, 2006, 09:13 AM
nope, nothing Mike-

kurtlewis
May 4th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Glad to see everything back up and running- I hope that site hacker gets hit by a bus.

So, Mike helped me figure out the CM15A issue, mostly it was due to me not knowing what the hell i'm doing.
Also, it was determined that the G4 plugin only does PLC commands.
If you want to send / receive using the RF feature of the CM15A you need to drag a new script Action from the Action tree to your gml, and enter the following lua command example in the script window:

CM15A.SendRF ("A","1","On")

Rename the Action to whatever you want (Living room, etc) Then call on it from NR

I an still getting A LOT of sporatic NR crashes while Girder is running. i'm not sure if this is one for the NR thread or here. NR stays up if G4 is off. I can't get NR to stay running without a crash for more than 12-15 hours if G4 is running. The blowup is in netremote.exe and drv_girder.dll

Promixis
May 4th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Kurt,

Would you start a new thread in the NR2 forum about this.

Specify the OS NR is running on, number of G4 connections, and any other info. We have been doing some stress testing of that part of NR here and still haven't got it down. Also, do you have debugview? If so, start it prior to starting NR and cut and paste output from it in the new thread.

get it here http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/DebugView.html

kurtlewis
May 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks Mike- I will do this as soon as I get some time. Do I need to turn anything on in G4 for debug output?

I started a new thread in the NR Developer section