PDA

View Full Version : Trying to do "ctrl" key and "left click" at same time

May 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I have been trying for hours to do this without luck trying many different things, multi-groups, etc. I have no problem doing keyboard comands together, but when it comes to keyboard+mouse, i can't figure out how to get it to work.

I am trying to do a command that does both the CTRL key and a CLICK at the *same* time... this is a shortcut key in one of the programs I have, but involves a keyboard stroke and a mouse click at the same time, but I can't sem to reproduce this in girder. If I make a multigroup, and use the CTRL key for the first and the mouse click for the second, the two events happen seperate and i can't figure out how to do them at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

1856chuckles
May 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
OK ... I'm having some problems of my own with Girder not recognizing sub-menus, but I just thought I'd try out you're problem and see if I could get it to do something.

I used Notepad for a sample application and played around until I found some kind of special key + mouse click combination that I could try with Girder.

What I was able to do is hold "shift" and do a "left mouse click". This will block text from where the cursor was at to the new location.

How I did it was to go to the Command tab in Girder and use the Capture button there. I started the capture and manually did what I wanted to automate with Girder e.g. the shift+left click. I tested the event and then applied it to a command.

Hope it helps! And if you know of any small tutorials of scripting with Lua send them my way.

Ed

May 9th, 2006, 01:34 AM
thanks for the help... when i use the shift key and a click it works, however for some reason it's not logging the ctrl-click correctly.

any other ideas? is there some kind of command in girder to make 2 seperate commands happen at the same time?

May 9th, 2006, 02:07 AM
After a bit of searching i found this thread that says what i need to do (and it makes sense):

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6322

not sure how to execute and work the plugin to do thid, however...

1856chuckles
May 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm finding a lot of stupid junk like that. Things probably make more sense after using it for a while, but I don't know if I'll ever get to that point. ;-)

blubberhoofd
May 9th, 2006, 02:21 PM
hi,

what application are you having problems with?

you might give command capture a shot, it's usually a better option then simulating keybord and mouse actions.

1856chuckles
May 9th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I'm using an app called Virtual Dub for capturing video. I've tried using the command capture and it works alright. Right now I've got a problem with trying to put a path in to save a file. Girder sometimes puts in a ":" and sometimes puts in a ";". I need the colon and I need it to be 100% or to find a pattern like after 3 colons it puts a semicolon.

May 13th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the help, but it turns out there was a way to change the hotkey in the program itself... d'oh!! I jsut changed it to something that didn't involve clicks. A little hidden, but everything is working how i want.