View Full Version : GAC+ tech question on variables

May 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
trying to get Track Name, Track Length and Bitrate to show up in my GAC+ NP list.

I've looked through the variable inspectors for the correct names, but I'm not able to put these in a format that works in NP list.

Tried these:
{MP.GACP.Items[<LoopIndex>].TrackLength} /

My lua code is:

mygac = GAC:new{var='GACP',scheme='Playing Now',includeSubItemCount=0,imageSize='N', fields='Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=9, useGP=1 };

Ben S
May 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Where the "fields" list you need to add additional fields. Note that the fields must match what JRMC is expecting (see the JRMC site for a list of existing fields - I don't even have the full list here).

Once you've told GAC+ to get them you can then use them like you expect.

May 14th, 2006, 01:19 PM
thanks Ben- do I just separate each field entry with a comma?
fields='Bitrate,Tracklength,Album,Album Artist (auto)',count=9, useGP=1 };

Ben S
May 14th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, exactly right. But not that I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of BitRate and TrackLength fields. :)

May 14th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I found this: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/MJFields.h
I don't see a 'Tracklength' field... which is really hard to believe that they don't provide for this.

Looking the the NR variable inspector in NRD, I see populated data for MP.Tracklength and MP.BitRate. Where are these items pulling their data from?? MP.Tracklength is showing me the time of the currently playing track.

Ben S
May 14th, 2006, 02:07 PM
You can get duration ,but this is # of seconds.

Just for you I've just added "TrackLength" to all players, which will format duration in mm:ss.

Next version of MediaBridge will have this.

May 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cool, many thanks Ben!!

Any chance for the bitrate as well?

Hey have you seen this AudioRequest stand-alone media server unit? Check out the gui design- might inspire some ideas for new NR designs..

http://www.request.com/demos/default.asp - watch the demo-

Ben S
May 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Hi Kurt -
Not sure if you saw but the new release supports your TrackLength variable. Regarding BitRate, I'm pretty sure there _is_ a built-in bitrate variable for JRMC. The page you referenced isn't coming up today (for some reason), but I think it's in there.