PDA

View Full Version : Problems with usb-uirt - plugin not being recognise

doosh
May 19th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I'm shping some one can help me with a problem I having while trialing v3.3.10 and using the USB-UIRT device.

I have been in email contact with usb-uirt support, and they have refered me to this location for help as it may be a clasic problem.

Please find below the comunication email history with usd-uirt support for a detailed description of the problem I'm having.

I'm also running windows xp with sp2. Any help in solving my problem would be kindly appreciated.

"Darius,

Your situation and what you are experiencing sounds very odd. You may want to ask over on the Girder forums. Please let me know what you hear from them,

Best Regards,

Jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:03 AM
To: 'USB-UIRT Support'
Subject: RE: UIRT installation issues after first installation attempt.

Hi Jon,

Thanks again for you response.

Iím using Girder 3.3.10, and yes, the tick boxes are removed, but not the name of the plug-in that was removed. Iíve installed Girder 4 now trial, and it freezes my pc whenever you load up Girder 4! Could it be that the plug-in is not recognised because Iím running a trial version of Girder 3 and 4? Iíve got 27 day left with the V3 software.

Kind Regards,

Dariusz

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:23 AM
To: 'Dariusz

Darius,

Are you sure you're using Girder 3.x? or is it possible that you're using Girder 4?

When you remove other plugins from Girder3.x, the check-boxes should completely disappear...

-Jon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:29 PM
To: 'USB-UIRT Support'
Importance: High

Hi Jon,

Thank-you for your response.

OK, what seams to be the problem from your description, and my actions, is that the 2.6.9.0.dll file is not being recognized by Girder after putting it into the plug-in directory. I have downloaded the dll files twice from two different locations, and have removed all other dll files from the directory but still in the settings area of Girder, the 2.6.9.0.dll file does not get recognized in the settings. Ie. No tick box appears. I have also rebooted the PC a few times to confirm Girder is functioning properly. Iíl at a loss to understand why the dll file is not being recognized. BTW, There were many dll files in the plug-in dir before, but after removing the dll files and only keeping the 2.6.9.0 files in the directory, the other dll files once removed, under Girder settings directory, the tick boxes for the other dll files are still present but cannot function as the dll files are not present. I cannot clear the tick boxes of the previous plug-ins even after resetting the directory structure by renaming the directory. Could this be a hint towards the problem?

Look forward to your response,

Kind Regards,

Dariusz

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 10:06 PM
To: Dariusz

Darius,

Please do not select the UIR/IrMan driver -- this driver is *not* for the USB-UIRT. After placing the 2.6.9.0 .dll into the Girder plugin directory, there should be another driver in Girder's plugin list labeled "USB-UIRT"

Best Regards,

Jon

Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 4:25 AM
To: support@usbuirt.com
Subject: UIRT installation issues after first installation attempt.

Hi,

Just received my UIRT. Iíve followed the instructions, and have the following issues when using Girder 3.3.

After inserting UIRT into USB port, PC recognized new device.

Installed successfully the driver: 3.1.2.0.

Placed latest dll in girder plug-in directory, being version: 2.6.9.0 dll.

When in settings, UIR/IRmanÖ settings display:

ďPlug in loaded in memory but hardware initialization failedĒ.

I attempted all com settings, but still have it set at itís default setting being com2 (Iím still un sure if itís the correct com port?).

An help in getting me up and running would be kindly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dariusz"

Regards,

Dariusz