PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reference anywhere for playlist commands?

danjb
May 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
I am trying to build a simple media control interface for WinAmp on another computer. It is easy to see how to insert MediaBridge commands for simple things like transport control into buttons, using the MediaBridge commands that start with X (like X STOP). However, I can't find references in the NetRemote Music Guide (http://www.promixis.com/php/drops/NetRemote%20Music%20-%201%2010%2001.pdf) to show me how to control the playlist content.

While trying to search for ways to control the playlist in these forums, I found in another post a way I can clear the currently selected entry in a active playlist using this generic MediaBridge command:
LX REMOVE "Playing Now" {MP.PlayingNow.Selected}My question is, is there a reference anywhere that lists all these generic commands? Unfortunately, the forum search won't let me search for LX (too short), and searching for things like playlist and now playing turns up a lot of vaguely interesting hits, but no reference listing of commands.

I looked at the various NetRemote Support Documents (http://www.promixis.com/downloads.php?mode=list&prodName=NetRemote&lucCode=SUPPORTDOC) but most of those seem to be older documents talking about pre-NetRemote Designer things, and I could not find one that talked about playlist manipulation. I'd like to know things like how to clear the entire playlist, as well as anything else of interest.

Thanks for any help!!

Ben S
May 22nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
It's not much, but the Wiki (http://www.netremote.org/pmwiki/index.php?n=Docs.MediaBridge) has some information on the LX methods. It needs to be updated, though.

danjb
May 23rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
So, when I look at the Wiki it says:
Command : LX [PlayMode] [Library Path] [Track number]
REMOVE
Remove the specified track(s) from playing now.

Param: Library Path
Value: Path to the media library item (IE: Media Library\Albums\My Album)

Param: Track Number
Value: The track number within the media library to play. Either the 0-based index of the track, or -1 for all tracks. I understand from looking at this that in my command example above the {MP.PlayingNow.Selected} is a variable that substitutes the currently playing track number. However, how does the "Playing Now" part act as a library path? I assume it is a "special" library path that equates to whatever the playing now list is.

From reading the Really great tricks (http://www.netremote.org/pmwiki/index.php?n=Docs.ReallyGreatTricks) entry in the Wiki, I see that there are other references to what look like special library paths, such as:
"Playlists\Auto Smartlists (music)\Random -- one hour"
"Media Library\Audio\Album\{MP.Album}"Do these only work if I have my media library arranged a certain way, or if I'm using J River Media Center instead of WinAmp? Or are these special directory names something that MediaBridge creates for me regardless of what media player I'm using? My Winamp installation doesn't have a directory called "Media Library" but does have a "Local Media" directory which has an "Audio" directory under it. My Playlists directory doesn't have a "Auto Smartlists (music)" directory under it. Do these come from whatever media player I use, and since I'm not using JRMC I just don't have the same structure these tips assume?

danjb
May 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Another question related to these LX commands: the description for these commands says this about the track number parameter: "The track number within the media library to play. Either the 0-based index of the track, or -1 for all tracks." I can get a 0-based index of a track to work, for example, the {MP.PlayingNow.Selected} value referenced in the first post, or a hard coded 0 to remove the first track. However, using -1 does not seem to do anything at all. It certainly doesn't remove or play all tracks in a playlist. How can I operate on all tracks in playlist? Leaving the track selector off completely also seems to do nothing.

Ben S
May 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
There are three root items in the library:

Playing Now
Media Library
Playlists

The playlists you mention above are JRMC specific. JRMC has an audio root of Media Library\Audio\ and then Albums, Artists, etc. The other players are just Media Library and then Albums, Artists, etc.

The use of -1 really is only used when dealing with paths other than Playing Now. For instance, if you refer to an album, -1 will play the whole album, otherwise a track # within the album.

Does that make sense?

danjb
May 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yep, that makes sense. What would be the best way to clear the entire "playing now" list, since -1 does not work to do that? Do I have to loop through all the indices in the list and remove them individually?

Ben S
May 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Right now you've have to loop through them all, unfortunately.

emmee
May 30th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Right now you've have to loop through them all, unfortunately.

Ben,

Would you consider adding a "clear playing now" command to NR in a future release? Is this even possible wihout using Girder?

Sometimes JRMC ends up with my entire library of tracks in PN and the only way to clear it is the "old fashioned" way....:rolleyes:

Ben S
May 31st, 2006, 07:27 AM
Sure. I'll add it to the next release.

emmee
May 31st, 2006, 08:30 AM
Sure. I'll add it to the next release.

OK, Great!!

Thanks again for the great support...

Ben S
June 1st, 2006, 06:55 PM
In the next release, to do this create a button with the action "Generic MediaBridge Command" with the command being "PNX CLEAR".

Note: This currently only works with JRMC.