PDA

View Full Version : Change Standy Button (Cyberlink RC)

Nappocat
May 27th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Hello Folks

fist i am very sorry if that topic already exist, i havent found something similar (by the way: FAQ link is dead/404).
Then i must say that girder ist a great tool, not easy in the beginning, but i like it more and more.

now my problem:

as mentioned i have that "Cyberlink Remote Control" which comes only with the remote and the USB-receiver, no drivers or anything. Assingning some buttons is not the problem, its the one in the upper right, that "power off/shutdown" button.
when it is pressed the system goes standby, without any need of girder configuration.
BUT i dont want it to do that. instead i want it do close the/a application.
so how can i override the standby-function, or deactivate it or whatever?
i hope it is possible (and not toooo difficult) and hope you can help me.
oh, and i hope my english is not that bad :)

Promixis
May 29th, 2006, 02:32 PM
hi,

If you are new to Girder then you should be using G4 which has a great manual and getting started guide. That being said, we don't have a plugin for your remote.

Nappocat
May 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM
no no no, using girder is not the problem.
the remote works fine with the HID plugin.
i have already configured much commands.
my specific question was about the command of "Standby" thats send via HID and ist executed straight after that.
i DONT want my system do go into standby an i am asking if anybody knows how to prevent my system from doing that, so i can assign the key for something different.

the g4 manual has no word of HID or standyby in it, i looked it up.

Promixis
May 29th, 2006, 09:01 PM
ah, ok.

likely you cannot block this event as the system grabs it before the hid plugin gets it.

this plugin may allow you to block this event

http://www.promixis.com/download.php?ID=355