PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen vs Fujitsu Stylistic 3400

Cocophone
May 29th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Currently, I'm finding on ebay used 12'' or 15'' touchscreens for under $200 and also Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 for the same price.

I'm curious what netremote users have found works best and why?

The Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 has windows 2k pro and 192megs of ram with PIII 400 which I assume would be as fast as my Dell Axim X5.

Alaric
June 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Hi There,

I don't have a fujitsu but was also looking at them. I ended up with a progear as thats what the ebay roulette gave me.

Its running 98, but can be upgraded to XP if required. Its 128meg and has a transmeta 3500 chip. I've heard it bantered about as one of the faster tablets that are non-stylus - MS and thier resistive pens !

Its cute and looks nice and cost peanuts compaired to its origional price. It can surf the net wirelessly with the built in card and its a cool toy. Running remote apps its faired less well. Netremote & 98 is a little sticky (i haven't managed it running) but i have had a play with binary metals DTP (now defunct) and Xlobby (funky, but more a front end that a cinema control system) and they both run....but to be honest i was one of those people that found the origional proto sluggish and this combination strikes me as similar....looks great, but you hit a button, the command reacts and then the screen does....i don't like lag on an interface, it worrys me, and key presses back up and then the beast have a life of thier own.

I'm curently looking for a touchscreen monitor...a small form pc hidden away somewhere and all the graphical poke you could ever want for and even upgradeability and yes maybe its $400 rather than $200, but it probbably beats 600 if you go the tablet route first.

cya,
Lee