PDA

View Full Version : noob question: mimic up arrow?

dreamhost
June 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM
just downloaded 3.3.1 and giving it a shot for the first time. Searched everywhere for docs but could only find the forum, so asking here.

due to having to create users with passwords and the way my system is setup, if I wait to long the screen goes to a login page which is what i want.

what I can't figure out how to do is to create a command in girder that will hit the down arrow 2x, input a password, and then hit enter. finally to have the button fire up mce program.(that will then allow me to start mce which can't be done enless logged in)

I know how to create an event in girder and give it a name. I also know how to apply that action to a button on my touchscreen. What I don't know how to do is the keyboard input.

If someone could help with this, then I could create a button my my touchscreen that will then tell the computer with mlserver running on it to login automatically and then I can fire up mce. As of now, I have to get off my lazy butt and goto the computer in the other room, login, and start mce.... kinda sucks and I'm to lazy to do that everytime LOL....

tinners
June 16th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Couldnt you just get the machine to autologin ?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282866/en-us