PDA

View Full Version : girder not repsonding to button presses

Scoobsheister
June 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM
i've been trying to set up my remote to work with zoom player via the girder software and i have followed the instruction on the zoom player website for doing this. When learning the commands girder picks up a few button presses then it fails to pick it up and i have to right click the icon in the system tray and toggle input devices off then on again. This keeps ocurring and i can get zoom player to respond to any of my button presses (by this point i do have the major keys mapped in girder).

Any ideas, this is driving me mad.

Remote is an Origen AE and the IR Receiver is the VFD on the Origen X11, drivers are installed correctly and remote is set up as it works in media centre.

EDIT: As suggested in an earlier thread i have deleted the remote commands in the IRTRANS software and this has solved the problem where girder was not receiving the commands. Girder now receives all the command but i still cannot get it to control zoom player

EDIT2: On the status line for SendMessage plugin under settings for Girder it states "Plugin is loaded in memory [not sending events]."

Could the [not sending events] be the problem

Promixis
June 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
you have to learn the events and attach them to the action you want.

if you are new to girder then you should be using V4.

Scoobsheister
June 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Spent all day on this and figured out that by checking the box next to send to foreground task it works, for some reason it will not find zoom player unless this is checked.