PDA

View Full Version : Can't install MCE-IR5 for my MCE receiver

dunkwho
June 24th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Having a real problem here trying to get girder working with my MCE setup. When I point the driver installer at the MCE-IR location (it can see mce-ir.inf) windows reports that the driver doesn't contain any info for this hardware. Very odd, its working fine with std driver - and the readme.txt says that all hardware is now supported so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Had a bit of a hunt around for reasons, the IDs for my receiver seem to be
VID_045E&PID_006D

Grateful for any help, words of encouragement etc :)

Cheers
Duncan

Promixis
June 24th, 2006, 06:22 AM
are you using the standard windows drivers or burningzeroad's drivers?

dunkwho
June 26th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I'm currently using the windows driver (no girder) and everything is working fine for the standard installation. I want to use buringroadzero's driver because I want to re-assign some of the buttons (want the power button to do something more intelligent with my standby control apps given current recording status, etc). I've done a bit more research since posting this, it seems I have an older 2004 microsoft receiver (borrowed from work :)), I've seen some posts where people seem to have this working fine with BRZ's driver, on the other hand the faq says it can't be done. I'm hoping it can and am still looking for help.

Cheers
Duncan