PDA

View Full Version : SDK Abilities

wtf
June 29th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I took a quick look through the SDK but am unsure of what it provides. I believe it allows a plugin to draw, so it can be used as a wrapper to create new types of displayable objects, but are there other things a plugin can do that cannot be done in LUA?

Specifically, are the internals of objects in the CCF accessible? For example, can a plugin do programmatically anything that I can do manually using NRD?

Thanks for any info...

Ben S
June 29th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Hi wtf -
The SDK was available before tight integration of Lua was available, so nowadays there are a lot of things you can do via Lua that used to require a plugin.

Even a specific protocol can be handled via lua sockets now, so things like WOL are not as relevant.

However things like list boxes, custom drawn components, etc. require a plugin, so that's the main thing.

wtf
July 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Yes, I was thinking Lua provides most of the programmability now. Any chance the internals of the CCF will be exposed to Lua at some point? This would essentially allow automating tasks that can now only be done with NRD like changing graphics, configuring CCFs for different target devices, etc.

Ben S
July 6th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Yes, this is most definitely on the books.