PDA

View Full Version : UIRT2B Power Switch control

SeanGallagher
July 31st, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hi all. I have been trying to set up a UIRT2B that I bought a few years ago and never put together. Thanks to these forums and others, I have about 95% of it working. The only piece I'm missing is the ability to power on the PC from the remote.

I have the 'power switch' output pin wired to the motherboard's power switch voltage pin, the WOL's ground pin wired to the motherboard's power switch ground, and the WOL's +5v pin wired to the +5v pin on the motherboard's chassis intrusion detector. I have used the UIRT2 Tester program to connect to the board, and have confirmed that I can set GPIO ports and receive IR input through the receiver. I have used Girder to set GPIO port B.2 to pulse for 500ms and mapped that to the power button on my remote, and have confirmed that the GPIO setting stays resident on the board.

I have also confirmed that even with the PC's power off, the UIRT2 is accessible by connecting my laptop to it over serial. It responds and detects IR even with the power off. I have tried upgrading the firmware to 1.7 and 1.8 (including shorting the crystal connection and connecting +12V) but after each upgrade the GetVersion check returns '01 04 FB'. My GPIO settings get blown away, so something's happening, but I'm not sure the upgrades are taking.

As far as I can tell, the UIRT2 should be working to power on the PC with all of this configured, but for some reason it isn't. I've tried every port combination that I can think of, but nothing happens. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thank you
Sean