PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Sound Card

yp
August 4th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Hi

Does anyone know of an application or a way to have multiple virtual sound cards in a PC without having the physical sound card, so I can set each of these cards in JRMC as zone output????

Promixis
August 5th, 2006, 12:53 AM
? something like muvaudio?

Ben S
August 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Is this for testing purposes?

You can use the different front/rears as separate zones in JRMC, or you can create multiple zones and assign them all to the same soundcard. That's what I do on my dev laptop.

yp
August 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM
after relentless searching on the net I found "Virtual Audio Cable" an excellent utility.

I created two virtual cables using the utility and then in JRMC I created two zones with each having it's own virtual cable as output.

Then I wanted something that took these virtual cables input and created a live stream like web radio for clients like Roku to play as web radio stream. Therefore, allowing JRMC to have multiple zones without any soundcard in the server plus client content can be controlled remotely via Netremote.

I found another utility called "Broadwave", this utility takes inputs from those virtual cables and produces live audio streams. I don't have any client like Roku yet so I couldn't test the solution I wanted but I have successfully played two zones remotely using Windows Media Player.

For me this is a powerful multizone solution since JRMC zones are streamed to be picked up by clients without any complicated setup and using Netremote I can control content of the streams.

Since, I don't know enough about Web radio and different streaming techniques and what kind of streams uPnP type of clients need I am not able to test this solution yet.

If anyone knows any live Web Radio stream utility that is easy to setup please let me know.... I tried to use the icecast2 but it seems bit complicated and messy.