PDA

View Full Version : Reporting some errors after installing 4.0.6

kurtlewis
August 13th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Seeing some errors logged for x10 after doing a clean install of 4.0.6 - see attached 'G4.0.6 error.txt'

Girder freezes whenever I try to de-select a plugin. This is consisent. Please see error report attachment 'bug report1.txt' (specifically, when I click the checkbox next to the plugin to clear it, Girder freezes up- No particular plugin, any of them)

I cannot get WinCE 4.2 client to successfully send serial commands to Girder. This is either a bug in WinCE 4.2 NR or Girder.
I have posted complete details of issues here http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102548#post102548 (not sure if that is the right forum section, no replies)

Thanks!
Kurt

hoox
August 14th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I also noticed crashes when unloading plugins (on girder exit).
It seems ok when globalcache.dll is removed.

hoox
August 15th, 2006, 06:50 AM
More precisely, it only happens when NetRemote IR Passthrough is set to Globalcache (default after fresh install).
When IR Passthrough is disabled, it's fine with the dll.

kurtlewis
August 15th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Hello Promixis team- May I please have some assistance with the serial commands issue as stated above, I have been unable to determine if it is a server-side or client-side problem.

Many thanks,
Kurt

Ron
August 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Can you get the PPC/Win32 NR client to send those commands? If so the trouble is in NR.

kurtlewis
August 15th, 2006, 10:45 AM
yep- ppc and both of my win32 clients work fine w/ serial commands.

btw, I can email you my ccf and lua for ref if you like- When I got my CE device I just used the same ccf as for my win32 clients and slimmed down the graphics a bit.

Ron
August 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM
hmm, I'll see if I can get Ben's attention on that thread. Also can you give this GlobalCache plugin a whirl to see if that crash still happens?

kurtlewis
August 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Sure Ron- I've got to jet off to work for a 9:15 meeting so I won't be able to test it until I return home this evening.

One more thing I discovered is none of the calls back to Girder GMLs seem to work. I just set up my X10 (CM15a) and none of these commands are received by Girder from the CE client either. It seems only weather and MB are communicating properly to Girder -as well as the serial feedback display for my Arcam receiver volume, mode, etc.. odd?? I did triple-check all NR properties settings.

kurtlewis
August 15th, 2006, 11:03 AM
hmm, I'll see if I can get Ben's attention on that thread. Also can you give this GlobalCache plugin a whirl to see if that crash still happens?
For this test plugin, will it reside alongside the existing GC plugin in G4 or should i remove the existing one from G4 plugin directory first?

Ron
August 15th, 2006, 11:13 AM
this one overwrites the older GlobalCache.dll

kurtlewis
August 15th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I just set it up and tried it- it now deselects fine, and oddly so do the other plugins (tried webserver and audio mixer)- one odd thing though is as soon as I deselect any of the plugins Girder jumps you out of the plugins setting menu and back to a random tab in the general settings menu.

damn.. i'm late for my meeting...

Ron
August 15th, 2006, 11:18 AM
thanks for testing. I'm glad that fixed the trouble.

The tab jumping is a side effect of the DUI system. We'll have to live with that for now.