PDA

View Full Version : Unicode media metadata support?

satcat66
August 26th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hello!
I'm looking for an automation solution for my new home theater, and your software is on top of the list. Unfortunately I'm having some problems right from the start.

I evaluate the Windows version of Netremote (2.0.70 and 2.0.76), but eventually I would use the CE version.

My music collection uses Unicode ID3 tags and file names. Netremote has problem navigating the Library of multi-byte Unicode tags . It can display genres, artists, albums and song titles in Unicode no problem (as long as Verdana is selected for the font), but the tree expansion wont work after the first Unicode word is encountered. Interface would either "loop" - show the same, or the very top item again and again, or it would just show many unrelated songs. Clicking on any item causes a random song to play.

I tried it with Windows Media Player and J River Media Center, and I'm pretty much sure the problem is on Promixis side.

This issue is a stopper for me. Is there a workaround, or can it be fixed?

Besides this issue, the Queue tab wont show Unicode items properly, despite the default font is set to Verdana, and all other interfaces show the items properly.

Thanks for your otherwise solid and useful software!

S.

Ben S
August 30th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Can you send me a sample music file that is broken, along with an example? It should work with unicode for sure.

satcat66
August 31st, 2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for replying!

I'm attaching the screenshot of the issue (plus, in the Queue tab, all non-latin characters are shown as ????????? question marks)

I will prepare a small test case for you on the weekend. Please let me know how can I privately upload it (or how to PM you an URL), it will be several megabytes.

Thanks,

S.

Ben S
August 31st, 2006, 08:54 PM
Have you set the font specifically for this control, by any chance?

If you send the email to nsupport@promixis.com I will receive it.

Thanks!

satcat66
August 31st, 2006, 09:42 PM
I have set default font to Verdana. Is the way to set fonts individually documented? I would take a look and try.

S.

Ben S
September 4th, 2006, 08:06 PM
In the mediabridge plugin properties (in NetRemote) you can set the library font to something other than Pronto, which may be the problem.

satcat66
September 4th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Plugins->Media Bridge -> Host Name->Properties-> Control Font -> Verdana

Don't remember setting it up there, can it be inherited from the default setting?
I don't see 'Library font' setting though.

"Queue" tab still has wrong font. And 'Library' tab still glitchy.

Have you got the file by mail?

Thanks,
S.