PDA

View Full Version : slinke error in NRIRServer

tomgru
September 20th, 2006, 01:31 AM
i have just replaced my server that had NRIRServer on it... attached to a slinke. I've reattached the slinke, and the test shows it's connected and passes. I reloaded the software from your site and ran NRIRServer... and when it comes up, it says "Error connecting to SlinkE".

Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

dsmes
September 20th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I trust you reinstalled the Slink-e software as well? I suspect yes if you ran test from the SlinkeServer (or whatever its called). Then make sure you've got the right com port and mode selected in NRIRServer (sorry to state the obvious). Lastly, make sure nothing else is connected to the SlinkeServer. I let NRIRServer call the SlinkeServer app. You may want to reboot just to make sure the com port is released. Let me know if you still have problems and I'll compare my settings with yours tonight when I'm at my machine.

tomgru
September 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
checked that... rebooted a bunch. even checked firewall settings. the one issue is that the software is no longer available as an install from the NIrvis site... so i just copied the files over (i.e. no "install"). the app seems to run fine, and again, the limited test shows it's connected.

tomgru
September 20th, 2006, 03:50 PM
could it maybe be some com port setting i'm not thinking of? Or perhaps the slinke DLLs need to go somewhere in particular?

tomgru
September 20th, 2006, 04:16 PM
thank you Promixis product support... turns out it did need to be setup through the installer... and they the link to the download exe on the Nirvis site (that is no longer viewable from their webpage)!!!

thanks.