PDA

View Full Version : ManagedCode Plugin possible?

Titanican
September 20th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Hi NetRemoties,

Is it possible to create a minimal Managed-Code-Sample (C# or VB.NET) of a NetRemote-Plugin?

I mean: The program named NETRemote and not NativeRemote ;)

Or is it impossible "byDesign" and we must wait for NetRemote 3.0?

thanx :)

Ben S
September 20th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Is this for Windows or PPC? As is it intended to communicate with a server app or do something local?

The short answer is : not yet. On Windows we're looking into being able to call managed code from Lua. Otherwise NetRemote 3.0. :)

Titanican
September 21st, 2006, 12:25 AM
Is this for Windows or PPC? As is it intended to communicate with a server app or do something local?

In my special case: My Windows Mobile-PPC should communicate with NetRemote over a UDP-Port to a Server with a completely self definied Content of Variables (in XML-Format).

For now i will try the Generic-plugin and convert the Signal on the Remoteserver in my wanted Format an send it to 127.0.0.1 in XML on local UDP-Port again. ...but this is really crazy. ^^

The short answer is : not yet. On Windows we're looking into being able to call managed code from Lua. Otherwise NetRemote 3.0. :)

Is the Release-date of NetRemote 3.0 in the near Future? Is it worth for me to develop such a solution...or will NetRemote 3.0 out in the next 2 oder 3 Months and should i wait for 3.0 before i'll write more complex plugins?

Ben S
September 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM
3.0 is a -long-, -long- way off (2.0 is still in the final stages of beta).

GIP might be your best bet, for now.