PDA

View Full Version : variable conditional string bug

jackisidore
September 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
If I use a string as variable in the variable conditional UI the conditional doesn't work properly and editing the conditional is also difficult (the new settings don't save).
It works as expected with boolean variables. I hope it can be fixed because I intend to use it al lot.

Rob H
September 29th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Can you give an example?

jackisidore
September 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
sure
When I try to edit the variable conditional in this GML neither "is" or "is not" is selected. I can change this but it isn't saved. Sometimes when I recreate the variable conditional "is" is selected during editing but any changes are lost after save.
Girder is 4.081

honnt
September 29th, 2006, 04:37 PM
If I use a string as variable in the variable conditional UI the conditional doesn't work properly and editing the conditional is also difficult (the new settings don't save).
It works as expected with boolean variables. I hope it can be fixed because I intend to use it al lot.
Confirmed with your sample gml. I'm running with a newer version. I'll double-check it and upload if ok or fix and upload when fixed.

Edit: Fixed and new version uploaded. New version also includes option of using snippet of lua code to return true or false, and condition apply based on that.

jackisidore
September 29th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Hi Terry
It's working perfectly now. The Lua snippet is also great!
Many thanks for the quick service!