PDA

View Full Version : Dell Axim X510 Issues

dmanning123
November 13th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I have 3 Dell Axim X510 running NR 2.0.0.79. I have some problems which also occured on an older version of NR... Anyone else out there with a Dell that is having luck?

1 - The devices periodically "hang". The only solution is to do a hard reboot (push stylus in reset button on back). This happens about once a day. I haven't found the root cause. I have 1 wireless access point in my home (and get great coverage), but I will try adding one or two more. Perhaps it is having a network issue.

2 - The wireless on/off button is very easy to press when pulling it out of the charger. Is there a way to disable this? Drives my nuts.

Thanks, Dave

Ben S
November 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
What server apps are you running, Dave? MediaBridge only? MediaBridge and Girder? Etc?

dmanning123
November 14th, 2006, 07:52 AM
MCE, Media Bridge, Girder - all latest versions.
not much else on the server other than virus protection, backup, etc.

System has plenty of CPU and RAM and is generally idle.

Ben S
November 17th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Strange. Even with the network dropping it shouldn't hang (requiring doing a soft reset).

We'll be releasing a version shortly that may correct an issue in Girder that we've noticed, can you give it a try and let us know if it corrects the issue(s)?

dmanning123
November 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Absolutely. I have tried a bunch of resolutions. They seemed to have helped, but not fixed my problem. I have: (1) added another WAP to my home to make sure there is a good signal everywhere and (2) upgraded the ROM in the Dell PPCs.

Is it possible to have Girder start with a higher priority? I'm wondering if it ever hangs when the server is busy. As Girder puts no significant load on my server, I don't mind it having a higher priority.

Let me know which version you want me to try and I'll load it up.

--Dave