PDA

View Full Version : not seeing my USB-UIRT?

bdee1
November 25th, 2006, 12:44 PM
i havent used my usb-uirt for several months now and i am just getting back into it. i fired up girder, the plugin is installed and enabled.

and if i go to a command and then click on the learn event button and then point my remote at the usb-uirt and press a button, girder does not see the IR. when i press the key on my remote, i see the red light on the usb-uirt flashing so i know it sees the ir, but for some reason girder isn't seeing it. any ideas please?

Treetop
November 26th, 2006, 04:53 AM
off the top of my head...

the USB-UIRT Learns codes at a small range... hold the remote up to the unit..say about 1-6 inches... start out at 1" and move out from there

bdee1
November 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM
yea i thought about that too - i tried it at various distances ranging from 1" to 6' and still no luck.

off the top of my head...

the USB-UIRT Learns codes at a small range... hold the remote up to the unit..say about 1-6 inches... start out at 1" and move out from there

Rob H
November 26th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Make sure that the batteries in the remote are new (or fully charged)

bdee1
November 26th, 2006, 04:46 PM
i must have tried a half dozen different remotes for this process just to see if it would take any Ir, and i know at least two of them had 100% charged batteries.

Rob H
November 27th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Just to make sure, you do have the USB-UIRT plugin installed and enabled don't you? And no errors showing in the Logger for the USB-UIRT?

If so then it might be worth trying the simple learning software that comes with the USB-UIRT (or that can be downloaded from www.usbuirt.com), just to make sure that the hardware is working.

bdee1
November 27th, 2006, 08:15 AM
good call - i forgot that the usb-uirt came with the learning software. i will give that a shot.

also where can i find the error log for usb-uirt?

Rob H
November 27th, 2006, 08:55 AM
For Girder 3.3? I'm not sure.