PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Global Cache

windrockwater
December 12th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I am changing over to a global cache device and abandoning my slink-e IR (well maybe). I am using G4 and have a GC-IR command that is working fine. I found discrete on/off commands (in hex format) from remotecentral and copied them into the G4 tree and it works! But now i need ALL the other IR commands (that i currently have learned in slink-e cde files) in hex format. For example input selection, volume, etc. I can only seem to find ccf downloads on remote central and they do not open in notepad to let me copy paste in Girder.

Does anyone have a link to how i can get all the other hex codes for a sony receiver, pioneer tv, onkyo rcvr, etc? Or, is there a way to convert all of my existing CDE files so i can use them with the global cache? Or am i going about this conversion the wrong way?
-Sean

Promixis
December 12th, 2006, 10:19 PM
you can use NRD/Tonto/Pronto Edit to open the files and cut and paste CCF codes.

windrockwater
December 12th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I will try that again. NRD gave me an error regarding the CCF types it will open (Marantz 6200 and Pronto 9200). I tried a CCF in that format and NRD crashed. I will keep at it. THanks for the advice.
Sean

Mastiff
December 13th, 2006, 02:33 AM
No, you need to use Tonto or the Pronto/Marantz software to open CCFs in other format than NetRemote. Then just alt+tab over to NRD to paste the codes in there. Much better to have both programs up anyway.

windrockwater
December 13th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Mastiff, your are right! I tried Tonto and that opened everything fine. A few more questions if you don't mind:

If i primarily use netmote (on a pc and on a ppc), then i don't really need girder if i tell netremote to use the global cache and bypass girder altogether right? Currently i use girder in comnination with NR. I have each IR command set in girder to use my slink-e and the ir cde files i created with the slink-e. It seems that i can simplify all this with the GC by usign the hex codes directly in netremote? Will the netremote CCF file get very large if i load all the a/v equipment ir codes in it?

Is one method for IR control of a/v equipment considered better/faster? i.e. girder global cache commands, OR, netremote ccf hex codes? Of course, girder will let me control all of my insteon lights which is nice too.

sean