PDA

View Full Version : Integrated InfraRed Receiver (notebook)

alex_83_i
January 15th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I've got an integrated infrared receiver on my notebook Packard Bell Easynote R9.
Does exists a plugin for Girder that handles my case?

Thank you,
alex

Ron
January 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
no. irda is not supported.

alex_83_i
January 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
My infrared receiver is NOT an IRDA receiver for comunicating with other laptop or PDA.

It is a common receiver for a remote control.

Does it work with Girder ?

Ron
January 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
no it does not.

jokerulez
April 16th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I have an embedded IRDA port on my hp laptop. I've read many time into the forum irda will not work, anyway, I have a WinXP Pro Mediacenter Edition on my laptop, now working with an integrated remote controller card (you know, the small one come with laptops).

So, I don't need to connect a remote with an Irda transmitter or so. I only need to find a way to let girder read signals from my already working remote card.

Where are differences with external IR receiver? Why everybody in the forum only say "don't work", "not supported", "go away" and so on?

I read about something involving chepset control. Any way, nowhere I found a case similar to mine: I already have a remote working. Only need to use it with a program (girder) instead of the one I'm using right now (the mediacenter one).

fafastrungen
May 12th, 2007, 07:02 PM
I have an embedded IRDA port on my hp laptop. I've read many time into the forum irda will not work, anyway, I have a WinXP Pro Mediacenter Edition on my laptop, now working with an integrated remote controller card (you know, the small one come with laptops).

So, I don't need to connect a remote with an Irda transmitter or so. I only need to find a way to let girder read signals from my already working remote card.

Where are differences with external IR receiver? Why everybody in the forum only say "don't work", "not supported", "go away" and so on?

I read about something involving chepset control. Any way, nowhere I found a case similar to mine: I already have a remote working. Only need to use it with a program (girder) instead of the one I'm using right now (the mediacenter one).

That is exactly what I think, all you can get is negative answers.
I'm trying to make a plugin or a program that works with embedded IR receivers but no luck, there's no info on the net.
I've got a Toshiba notebook with ALI5123 chip but I couldnt get it work with girder, neither get info about it.
So if "is there anybody out there" who can helpme(us) offering documentation, it will be great.

Rob H
May 13th, 2007, 04:38 AM
If somebody can write a plugin for it then it will probably work - the hard part is finding the information and writing the plugin.

I assume you've checked to see whether this appears as a HID device?

It helps to be specific when asking a question. When the IRDA question comes up it usually means that people want to either use IRDA to control an external device or use a generic remote control to control their PC.

This device seems to be manufactured by AcerLabs - try asking them for more information about it?

fafastrungen
May 13th, 2007, 07:30 AM
If somebody can write a plugin for it then it will probably work - the hard part is finding the information and writing the plugin.

I assume you've checked to see whether this appears as a HID device?

It helps to be specific when asking a question. When the IRDA question comes up it usually means that people want to either use IRDA to control an external device or use a generic remote control to control their PC.

This device seems to be manufactured by AcerLabs - try asking them for more information about it?

Looking for information I've found a driver that emulates a serial port with the IR port.
(http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~kiszka/IrCOMM2k/English/index.html)
I've tried it with girder but it doesn't work, but the good news is there is source code available, so it's just a study case and a few months to make something that works.