PDA

View Full Version : NR + Globalcache works - some of the time

Barf
February 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I have managed to get my NR 2.0.0.86 (tested only on PC) to work with a GlobalCache. However, it works extremly unreliably: most of the time (roughly 75% of the time) the to-be-controlled device does not react on the ir-signal. (Using USB-UIRT all works fine.) The associated LEDs on the GC blinks as they should. It does not appear to be a hardware problem, since addressing the GC from the simpleIRclient.exe-programm (from the Globalcache site) works perfectly reliable. Also, sometime NR hangs for some time, from some seconds up to a minute. Any clues?

BTW, the name and the documenation of IR.PortNumber ("The current GlobalCache Port Number") is extremely prone to misinterpretation; "portnumbers" associate with TCP/IP-Ports. The GlobalCache documentation uses the term "connector", however with a slightly different semantics.

Promixis
February 5th, 2007, 10:18 AM
is this the same ccf code you are using?

JohnHind
February 5th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for this - I'll clarify it in the manual.

Could you help me by telling me the valid range of numbers for Global Cache IR outputs - do they start at 0 or 1? I could not find this in the device manuals available online.

As for reliability, have you tried increasing the number of repeats on the Infrared plugin properties tab?

- John

Barf
February 14th, 2007, 03:48 AM
is this the same ccf code you are using?

Yes. I am investigating the problem further.

Could you help me by telling me the valid range of numbers for Global Cache IR outputs - do they start at 0 or 1? I could not find this in the device manuals available online.

The relevant document is http://www.globalcache.com/files/Documentation/API_GC-100.pdf. There is a "module number" (2 on the "small", 4 and 5 on the "large"), and every module has three "connectors", numbered 1, 2, and 3.

As for reliability, have you tried increasing the number of repeats on the Infrared plugin properties tab?
Yes, but that is not it. As I understand it, that number just limits the maximal number of repetitions, default (=0) means no restrictions.