PDA

View Full Version : Using TIVO to control Viewsat

poschanges
February 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM
"TIVO" does not have Netsat (a satellite receiver) on their list of devices that it can change channels using its IR out. I wondered if I might be able to accomplish that using the GC-100? Thanks, MJ

NikkiSixx
March 5th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I think you want Girder software and a IRtrans or maybe just the USB-UIRT will work (cheaper) There is then a plugin for girder to run said external hardware. Ive read several post that Girder can be used as IR translator software. You would run a small PC 24/7 for this or spent the $230.00 and order the IRtrans from the UK instead on the UIRT and PC. It has flash memory and says specificaly on their site that it will work standalone as a IR translator WITHOUT a PC. It is the same size approx. as the usb-UIRT.

de_structr
March 27th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Did anyone ever get something like this to work?
I have a series 2 tivo and a Viewsat. I just received my USB-UIRT and purchased Girder and now, can't make heads or tales of it.
I've been trying for 2 nights, now.
I want to use one manufacturer (doesn't matter which one because my sat box isn't on there) from the tivo list to blast the codes to my USB-UIRT and have that tell girder to change codes to Viewsat codes to change channels on the sat box.

Promixis
March 28th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Do you have Girder and the USBUIRT working?

Switch Girder to expert mode
Goto settings/plugins
Enable the usbuirt

Open the logger window (F4)

Have Tivo send a command and see if Girder sees the event.

de_structr
March 29th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Sweet ... I appreciate the help ... was wondering about support for this setup. I'll try this when I get home and see what I get ...

de_structr
March 29th, 2007, 07:54 PM
ok ... the logger shows activity.
I set up Tivo to use primestar IR codes.
I place a black bowl over the usb-uirt to shield off stry ir ... press the tivo number 1 key ... then remove the bowl ... slight delay, but the usb-uirt starts flashing and the activity populates on the logger. I noticed that each key press gives 4 lines of activity. the first two lines are different codes but the bottom two are the same code - same code with every button i press. Is there a way to save these codes into girder and make it retrans into my specific STB codes? (next step please ... lol)

de_structr
March 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I can see activity for keys 1-9 and enter ... no activity for key0. tryed pansat and primestar ... both do not show activity for the 0key.

de_structr
March 30th, 2007, 02:22 PM
well ... I cant find how to save the tivo blasted - usb-uirt raw commands into girder so it will retrans into my STB ir commands. I've read the entire help files with girder and while it's good, it is of little use for a newbie with my setup.
Hopefully Mike C or someone could repond with some direction or suggestion ...:confused:

dsmes
March 30th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Try posting at the Girder (http://www.promixis.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum.