PDA

View Full Version : NetRemote 2.0 Plugin SDK

JBrett
February 22nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
I found the NR2.0 SDK but is there an example plugin available?
Thanks,
Brett

JBrett
February 24th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Ok, I was able to port the 1.0 Sample over to 2.0, after figuring out the build environment, but every time I exit NetRemote with my plugin enabled there is a program error. If I don't set the plugin number it exits fine. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Ben S
February 28th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Hi Brett -
There is not currently a 2.0 sample plugin as part of the SDK. The SDK has changed recently (to allow you to "publish" custom lua functions as part of your plugin instance).

Let me wrap this up and post it to the site, and I'll post an example, also.

Regarding the program error, that is quite odd. Let me try the sample also, and see what happens.

Out of curiosity, what kind of plugin are you planning to write?

JBrett
March 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info and checking out the debug error I'm getting. If you are going to post an example plugin there really isn't a need to figure it out, I can check the 2.0 sample when ready and try that.
I'm not all together sure everything I want the plugin to do, but I'm trying to write an MediaBridge/NetRemote plugin combo that will make MediaBridge as headless as possible. The NetRemote plugin right now will rip a CD and insert it into my library that resides on a different server. (It also gets the CD info from FreeDB and passes information to MediaBridge so the player plugin can find and suggest album art) I also want to be able to burn the current playlist to a CD, and simple things like hide the mouse cursor.

Brett

Ben S
March 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds good, Brett. I'm testing the Sample plugin now, will report back shortly.

Also, will upload the new SDK which allows for additional interfaces for calling other plugins, adding lua code to instances returned via plugin:GetCurrentInstance, etc.

Ben S
March 3rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Wow. I actually had a bit of a hassle getting this to compile using the new SDK, but I got it worked out, and enhanced the build of the SDK process to ensure that all platforms have release and debug library builds (something Brian has been asking for -forever-). Let me now check the GetID issue, and see if it breaks.

theguywiththefunnyhair
March 4th, 2007, 02:11 AM
The NetRemote plugin right now will rip a CD and insert it into my library that resides on a different server. (It also gets the CD info from FreeDB and passes information to MediaBridge so the player plugin can find and suggest album art) I also want to be able to burn the current playlist to a CD, and simple things like hide the mouse cursor.

Hey Brett,
I'm just curious about what programs are handling the rip and the burn processes.
Dan

Ben S
March 4th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Okay Brett - Sorry for the delay. I've revamped the SDK, which you can download here (http://www.promixis.com/download.php?id=993).

This version is better commented, will compile properly for NetRemote 2, and includes debug libraries for wce300, wce420, and Windows.

JBrett
March 4th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Dan,
For the Rip process (I haven't started the burn process yet), I am using Lame and AKRip libraries, borrowing/mangaling source from both, but no external 'program'. The music library for the player is using MySQL to store information. It could be piece-mealed, but the player plugin for MediaBridge and the Rip/Burn plugin for NetRemote is meant to works in combination.

Brett

avid
March 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Okay Brett - Sorry for the delay. I've revamped the SDK, which you can download here (http://www.promixis.com/download.php?id=993).

This version is better commented, will compile properly for NetRemote 2, and includes debug libraries for wce300, wce420, and Windows.
Hi Ben,

Sorry - I've not been around here recently. I've been on vacation (for a month!!) and just got back.

I assume there is real benefit here in me recompiling all my drivers against the latest libraries. I already know I need to do the CE42 ones for Kurt anyway. If so, I will (over the next few days) catch up and send you new builds - though I have a lot of "stuff" waiting for me that might take priority.

The idea of driver-provided Lua functions sounds really interesting - I need to think what I could/should provide for AvidUtils - many of the existing "actions" make much more sense as Lua functions.

Brian

Ben S
March 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
There is (at a minimum) a slight performance benefit. If you recompile it won't have to "wrap" your plugins within NetRemote, which is what it does now.

avid
March 11th, 2007, 03:00 AM
Ben,

In attempting to re-build the plug-ins with this latest SDK, all is fine (I think) with the Win32 and CE300 builds. But the eVC4 compiler complains at the lines (copied from the sample):

extern "C" DLLExport IDriverFactory *GetFactory(void){
return &theApp;
}
//In advanced mode, we need to have the GetFactory2 method
#ifdef USE_FACTORY2
extern "C" DLLExport IDriverFactory2* GetFactory2(void){
return &theApp;
}
#endif
with the error messages:
error C2491: 'GetFactory' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
error C2491: 'GetFactory2' : definition of dllimport function not allowed
Have you compiled the sample for 4.2? Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian

avid
March 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
Bump?

(Plus additional sprurious message text to get past the 10 character lower limit for forum postings!)

Ben S
March 21st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Brian -
No, I haven't tried to build the sample with 4.2. Let me give it a try now.

Ben S
March 30th, 2007, 07:09 AM
I've fixed the build process to include a 4.2 build of the sample, and had to make some corrections. I'll be re-uploading the SDK today.

avid
March 30th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Thanks Ben - I'll do a complete re-build of all my plug-ins for all platforms over the weekend.

If nothing else, it will exercise (and confirm) my new build environment. I have just got a new Vista machine and have had to create an XP Virtual PC specifically to host VS.Net, eVC3 & eVC4, none of which are supported on Vista! And (worse) neither is ActiveSync to my PPC 2002!! So beware if you are considering an upgrade.

Brian

Ben S
March 30th, 2007, 12:54 PM
There I go overcommitting again. Turns out there is a problem building from evc3.0 right now. I'll need to correct before uploading. Sorry Brian.

avid
March 30th, 2007, 01:35 PM
No problem - whenever ...

Brian