PDA

View Full Version : Girder Sending 2 Power Commands (RCA)

white_2kgt
March 14th, 2007, 11:14 PM
I have an RCA receiver, to turn it on is easy, I can either issue a Power ON or send one of the devices (TV/DVD/STB/etc). However, to turn it off you have to push the power button twice on the remote. I can't simulate this in Girder. The IR command works, I can turn it on with the Power IR but I haven't been able to get the Multigroup to turn it OFF. I've played around with the Delay and the Repeat but nothing will turn it off. I can see the UIRT is sending the commands b/c the light comes on and I've tried to time the light on to how fast I press the remote but nothing works, any ideas about what else I could try? I'm down to 2 remotes now and I only need the Power Off to work on this one last remote and I'll be down to 1!!!

Thanks,
Chad

Treetop
March 23rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
You could try placing a "Wait" command inbetween the 2 IR commands. Set it to 2000 (2sec) and test from there.

white_2kgt
March 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
You could try placing a "Wait" command inbetween the 2 IR commands. Set it to 2000 (2sec) and test from there.

How do I add a 'wait' command, all I see is in IR there's a WAIT you can set, but if I set it to anything over 500 it just resets to 2000. If I add 4 of them and remove all the IR commands it doesn't wait b/c there's not IR activity, maybe i'm missing the actual WAIT command?

Thanks

Treetop
March 30th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Sorry about the confusion there...

There is an actual Wait command under the Window Tab (drop-down menu) in the lower right corner. In the X/Timeout box is where you set the delay time.

You're Ir macro would look like

IR command
Wait (2seconds or however low you can get it)
IR command

Another thing to check... your remote itself. Almost sounds as if your remote toggles between two codes each time the button is pressed. To test if this is the case. Learn the power command, then learn it again... are the codes slightly different?

white_2kgt
March 30th, 2007, 08:50 AM
There is an actual Wait command under the Window Tab (drop-down menu) in the lower right corner. In the X/Timeout box is where you set the delay time.

You're Ir macro would look like

IR command
Wait (2seconds or however low you can get it)
IR command

Ahh, that makes more sense...

Another thing to check... your remote itself. Almost sounds as if your remote toggles between two codes each time the button is pressed. To test if this is the case. Learn the power command, then learn it again... are the codes slightly different?

How could I have not thought to check that :homerdoh: I'll give that a test tonight, I bet this is the problem...I can 'test' send the first POWER command myself w/ a delay and it doesn't work so I bet the IR code is changing.

Thanks!!