PDA

View Full Version : Recycling Old Platforms (Fujitsu Pencentra 200) and NetRemote2.0

ibr77
March 23rd, 2007, 01:00 AM
I caught the whiff of an old thread that mentioned something about getting NetRemote to work on a Fujitsu Pencentra 200 (running HPC2000). So I did the obvious and found the required serial cable and tried an install. It gives me the error "Not a valid Windows CE Application". If I remember the thread it had something to do with performing the install and then modifying one of the programs with some reg edit software to "trick" the OS into seeing it as a valid program. Unfortunately the thread was lost (I am guessing due to a VBulletin update/transfer) so I can't follow it out to try with the NetRemote2.0. I have been playing with. Any clues as to whether this would play out into a working platform with the newer program, or has all CE prior to WM2003 been dropped for support with no turning back?

This is a sort of pet project and not critical, meaning if there is no longer support . . . anyone want to buy a brightly lit plastic/glass paperweight?

Thanks!

Ben S
March 24th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Is there any way at all to upgrade this device?

Unfortunately the farthest we go back now is PPC2k2, HPC2000 was more PPC2k, which requires a totally different build.

ibr77
March 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Is it possible to get an older build (under my WHP license) and try to mod my remote files to run on the older version?
Otherwise, I think I have a nice paper weight to sell on ebay.

Thanks for the info . . . and too bad, it would be a perfect use for an older handheld.:rolleyes: