PDA

View Full Version : JLee Music CCF

Jlee
May 22nd, 2007, 03:08 AM
Here's a few screenshots from the CCF I use on my laptop for controlling music on my living room HTPC. I LOVE the functionality in the CCF since I introduced GAC+. I love the layout too but I'm getting a bit bored with the Opus graphics now so need to replace all the images with something fresher at some point.

I trialled the CCF functionality at a recent party and it went down really well.

Jlee
May 22nd, 2007, 03:09 AM
and more...

Rob H
May 22nd, 2007, 03:35 AM
Nice - I particularly like the slider at the bottom of the big panel to show the current track position.

Jlee
May 22nd, 2007, 03:53 AM
Thanks Rob. One feature I like is the pop up when you click to play a track. This avoids the need to have 3 different play buttons on your GAC Panel and also acts as a confirmation that you clicked the right track.

dsmes
May 22nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
JLee- Very nice... and inspirational!
Do you have a wide screen laptop or something? Looks to be a very "letter box" aspect ratio.

Jlee
May 23rd, 2007, 02:57 AM
JLee- Very nice... and inspirational!
Do you have a wide screen laptop or something? Looks to be a very "letter box" aspect ratio.
Yes I've got one of these ultra portable Vaios with 1366 x 768 res:

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/sony-tx-vaio_vgn_tx3hp/w-laptop-1-n2.htm#

theguywiththefunnyhair
May 23rd, 2007, 05:31 AM
Very nice UI Jlee, i wonder how you sort by No.1's and chart hits?

Dan

Jlee
May 23rd, 2007, 05:57 AM
Very nice UI Jlee, i wonder how you sort by No.1's and chart hits?

Dan
I created custom fields for this data and use JRMC view schemes to view and sort it. UK Number one data was done manually and is up to date from the begginning of the UK cart (1952) to 2005. I'll update the last few years soon.

Chart data was done using KingSparta's plug in for JRMC10 & 11 but this is no longer available for JRMC 12 so I'm looking for an alternative solution for automatic tagging going forward. The chart data is available here:

http://www.chartstats.com/downloads.php

tobyd
May 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Hey guys,

where do i upload your ccf, under download i canīt find yours and also not the 2007 playing ??

Please advise and have a nice day !!

Chris

jwilson56
May 28th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,

where do i upload your ccf, under download i canīt find yours and also not the 2007 playing ??

Please advise and have a nice day !!

Chris

Well for one NP 2007 is still under development and I have not shared the actual files. The showcase was created to show off the screenshots for peoples various projects. This way people can share ideas also.

John

Jlee
May 28th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Firstly, thanks for your interest in my CCF!

As John says this is really just a place to show off your work. My CCF is very customised and would need some explaining with regards the set up for it to work for someone else. However, I did build a Music CCF for anyone to download and use. Check out OpusNR for PPC & OpusNR 1024x768 for pc in the downloads area.

If you want to copy any of my work and need any help just post here and me or someone else will be glad to help.

rickd
June 14th, 2007, 10:54 PM
I am a heavy Girder user (everything is automated two way rs232 etc and ir) and it's time for me to bite it and go with NR and designer....I want your ccf as a great starting point and will use it on my laptop to start but am looking at putting widescreen touchscreens in each room slaved off old laptops or back to a central pc.

Can you tell me what media player you are using ? JRMC, WMP11 or itunes?
Also do you handle zones with this? Could it work on an 8inch 800x480 touchscreen? in your opinion

I want to integrate control of volume of my receiver using slider (rs232 two control so position will update amp and amp will update slider on panel)

I also want to have access to my DVD collection stored on HDD and play it out on the main system or selected zone I note you have videos as an option. How do you handle that?

So one interface for music library via NR, sky, TTek, Receiver, and any other basic source control like my cd player. Girder has all the automation work done I just want to take what you have done and add integration of my components and receiver and projector etc...the key is content and basic volume and channel selection, dvd nav, beyond that girder handles the automation.

Thanks rick

Jlee
June 20th, 2007, 05:05 AM
I use JRMC which is by far the best choice IMO. If you are only just starting to build this thing just go JRMC now.

I don't do multi-zone but I'm sure it could easily be added.

The simple Music ccf (in downloads area) is 1024 x 768 so I guess that could easily be adapted to 800 x 600, in fact designer will just resize all of the images for you if you change the CCF properties to 800x600.

My heavily customised CCF that I use myself is 1366 x 768, which is the standard resolution on my laptop.

I only use my system for music as I'm happy with a DVD rack and good old fashioned DVD player!. The Videos option you see calls a JRMC view scheme that lists music videos. Other people are doing some great stuff with DVDs here - Lua DVD Jukebox by Rob is the thing to have I believe.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a raw copy of my customised CCF, LUA & GML. Note that I've only really done work on the music panels and for the AV controls I just copied and pasted the old panels from my PPC CCF so they are not pretty but the functionality is there.

I'll apologise in advance if I don't get back to you straight away as I move house Friday and am very busy packing, then I won't have internet for about a week.

Good luck with your project.