PDA

View Full Version : newbie....... cannot open com port

ujjvalshah
May 25th, 2007, 08:31 AM
hi.........

i am using igor shf-56 plugin for my remote.. i have attached the circuit to the serial port as given in the help file..... and rechecked the circuit a no of itimes.. but i keep gettin gthis error.... cannot open com port..... can anyone pls guide me??.......

i use win xp,
motherboard intel d102...

thanks

Rob H
May 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Most likely cause is that something else is using the com port, e.g. a modem.

ujjvalshah
May 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM
actually i dont have a modem.... i tried disabling the port.. the comp restarts.. then i agained enabled it.. this time when i opened girder it gave the message there might be problems in hardware receiver.. as i said earlier i have checked the circuit a couple of times.... when i give cancel to that message th girders main window opens... weird things happen there.... sometimes the software closes amd sometimes the pc restarts when i try sending any signals to the receiver....

ujjvalshah
May 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually i dont have a modem.... i tried disabling the port.. the comp restarts.. then i agained enabled it.. this time when i opened girder it gave the message there might be problems in hardware receiver.. as i said earlier i have checked the circuit a couple of times.... when i give cancel to that message th girders main window opens... weird things happen there.... sometimes the software closes amd sometimes the pc restarts when i try sending any signals to the receiver....

Rob H
May 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds as though it's wired incorrectly.

ujjvalshah
May 29th, 2007, 06:17 AM
hey i got it.. i dnt have a modem but my com port was initialized to use one..thats why i couldnt get access to it...

thanks.....

Rob H
May 29th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Ah, that would explain it.