PDA

View Full Version : volume ramp problem

kaeton
October 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I have a sunfire receiver hooked up to a global cache with IR. When I first started my NRD config I was able to learn in the volume commands through my Global Cache IR learner and this allowed me to ramp the volume by pushing and holding the volume button. At that time I had the ir emmiter plugged into the Global Cache 0 port and was just putting a standard infrared action on my button.

As I added the rest of my equipment, I started putting a

"set global cache IR port number (#)"

from the infrared plugin followed by the same standard infrared action that had been on my button before. This allowed me to use all of the Global Cache ir ports.

Now the receiver won't ramp the volume, it only goes one increment per button press.

And now I can't even get it to work on the 0 port by removing the "set global cache IR port number (#)". It just continues to fire through port 2.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Kaeton

kaeton
October 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry guys,

I just figured out that the standard ir command is sent to the open port of the global cache, which by default is 0 unless the last command sent was opening another port. Makes sense.

I still can't figure out how to ramp the volume on my receiver. And now Im not sure what messed it up from when I had it working. I have read some posts about learning in ir codes differently (ex. by holding down the volume while learning) But I have tried every combination of this to no avail.

The system is rendered basicly useless if you have to press the vol up every increment.

Any ideas?

Kaeton

tmorten
October 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Normally, you would just repeat the same IR code over and over to up the volume... it seems like something either changed regarding repeats, or the IR code itself somehow doesn't get interpreted properly when it's repeated without a pause. Do you have the original CCF that worked? If that IR code worked before, it seems like that's one to use as your baseline.

Best,
Tim

kaeton
October 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks Tim,

In the infrared properties in NR, I have the driver specified as my global cache.

should I enable the repeat and if so what should I set the value to. I have read about network disconnects and volume going crazy, Im not sure if these are associated.

Thanks,

Kaeton

Thanks for all of the help guys. I had enabled the repeat and set it to a value of 1. It is now disables and set at a value of 0. And the volume is working just fine.

If my settings are correct thanks for the help, If I shouldn't have them this way for any reason please let me know.

Thanks

Kaeton

kaeton
October 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I may have spoke too soon. On the volume button (as well as every other button with an infrared command) I specify the Global Cache with the infrared plugin "set global cache Ir port number (#)" command, and then I put the IR command.

With this configuration the volume will not ramp. If I don't specify the port first then the volume ramps no problem.

If I don't specify the port then I can't use all 6 of the global cache ports. Is there any way to just have all of the global cache ports open all of the time. Or is there any other solution.

Thanks,
Kaeton

Rob H
October 13th, 2007, 03:52 AM
You're probably not going to like this suggestion, but it might work (try it on a single non-repeating button first).

For all other IR buttons that set the GC's IR port, try adding a Set GlobalCache IR Port action which sets the port back to the default port (the one you use for the volume).

In theory, that way it should always allow you to send a repeating volume command.