PDA

View Full Version : Changing Case Of Variables

harleydude
October 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I want to be able to convert the following from mixed case to all upper case. Any ideas?

{<^>\WindSpeed} MPH {<^>\WindDirectionLong}

I will need to be able to do this to all my variables displayed, so if I could enter something into each variable such as below would be great.

{<^>\WindSpeed} MPH {string.upper(<^>\WindDirectionLong)}

harleydude
October 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Would it be possible to add something like this to the NRD Font selection dialog?

tmorten
October 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Longer term, yes. Shorter term, I'd set up a variable watch on the variables you want to capitalize, and then do the conversion to upper case in your LUA when the values change.

Best,
TIm

harleydude
October 16th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I would have to setup variable watches for every DM and MP variable I will use, probably a couple of hundred. So far my testing with MP variables has not been very successful.

This would go along way to helping me accomplish the details of my project.

harleydude
October 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I would I setup a variable watch for the following:

{<^>\WindSpeed} MPH {<^>\WindDirectionLong}

Currently this produces:

10 MPH Southeast

I would like

10 MPH SOUTHEAST

jwilson56
October 16th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I also would love to see these kind of attributes added to the text boxes, ect.

Please try and get this into a release.

Thanks

John

tmorten
October 16th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Bug fixes first, feature requests later :). I'm all for getting this stuff added, but can't commit to it in the near-term.

Best,
Tim

Rob H
October 17th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Actually, there is a way you can do this, but it's a bit sneaky.

Use a font that uses the same glyphs for lower and upper case letters - you may need to use a font-editing program to produce such a font if you can't find one that you like.

harleydude
October 17th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Well I took Rob and Johns suggestion and modified my font to create an all upper case version. Looks like it will work.

Thanks for the work around.