PDA

View Full Version : LCARS Sneak Peak

harleydude
October 17th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Here is what I am working on for my newly acquired 15" touch screen LCD that I have mounted in my living room.

Main Navigation screen shots.

harleydude
October 17th, 2007, 09:52 PM
This is the interface screen for JRMC.

Edit: 11/02/07
Updated: Playing Now image
Added: Library by artist image
Added: Album Info image

harleydude
October 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Lighting Control Panel

harleydude
October 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Screen shots to come.

Rob H
October 18th, 2007, 04:10 AM
That looks pretty cool

quixote
October 18th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Very cool. Especially since touchscreens will be involved as well.

Mastiff
October 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I like it! So you're a TOS trekkie? I'm more TNG and DS9 myself. :)

jwilson56
October 19th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Well technically the LCARS interface did not come about until TNG. But I grew up on TOS and would have to say that I also lean towards the chemistry between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I do however like TNG and Voyager... Deep Sleep 9... thats another story.

Great look BTW...

John

Mastiff
October 22nd, 2007, 03:24 PM
The reason I say TOS is that the ship's name is NCC-1701. The later Enterprises had letters added to them, and the Enterprise in TNG is NCC-1701-D. Nitpicking? Probably... ;) Btw ever read "The Nitpicker's Guide to" the series? I love those!

harleydude
November 2nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Added/Update Audio Interface Post #2

NeoMorph
November 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM
The reason I say TOS is that the ship's name is NCC-1701. The later Enterprises had letters added to them, and the Enterprise in TNG is NCC-1701-D. Nitpicking? Probably... ;) Btw ever read "The Nitpicker's Guide to" the series? I love those!

ID number.. not name.. Actually the first Enterprise was NX-01 remember.

There was some thinking that NCC was Naval Construction Contract but doesn't actually stand for anything...

The Star Trek Encyclopedia[2] says:

Starship registry (Star Trek)
NCC doesn't stand for anything. It was devised by Matt Jefferies, art director of the first Star Trek series. Jefferies, who is a pilot, based NCC on 20th century aircraft registration codes. In such 20th century usage, an "N" first letter refers to an aircraft registered in the USA. A "C" second letter refers to a civil aircraft. Jefferies added a second "C", just because he thought it looked better. Think of it as being like the arbitrary three-letter code that's part of automobile license plate numbers in many states. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCC_%28Star_Trek%29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCC_%28Star_Trek%29)

I must admit I love Star Trek and liked the idea of "Enterprise" but it was let down by bad writing and bad acting... the other series got better as time went on... Enterprise got worse and that last episode really stunk...

The Trek films got worse as time went on too (mind you Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture was pretty dire). That's not to say I didn't buy them when they came out (on video tape... I have a load of them packed away somewere which includes all the TNG since Best of Both Worlds on, All DS9 and all Voyager. Didn't buy any Enterprise at all which says a lot).

At one stage I would have loved a decent LCARS system but now am aiming more towards my own vision of an integrated system (I think I'm just getting old... After all I watched TOS when they were first broadcast ;). LCARS just wastes too much space for me (pun unintended heh) although it should be great for a touchscreen interface.

nurowolf
November 29th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Is this available for download. would love to use it on my own touchscreen.

harleydude
January 27th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Added screenshot of light control panel in post 3.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120580&postcount=3

harleydude
October 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Well it has been a long time since I updated this showcase. So here are some new screen shots. I am in the process of reworking all the screens to run in 1024x768 for my touch screen.

Below is the new main navigation screen, still a WIP.

harleydude
October 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Updated the weather screens with new icons.

harleydude
October 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
The systems monitor page. Shot 1 shows data reported by SpeedFan, temperatures and fan speeds. This page will also show cpu usage, memory usage and hard drive usage once complete.

Mike C
October 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Rick, looking really nice!

jwilson56
October 14th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Very nice Rick....can't wait to see the rest of what you create.

harleydude
October 21st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

More screenshots.

1. Main Security Screen. Security is handled using the Elk M1 Security System. Each of the names for the zone will change color to represent its current state. The red button in the area bottom left, is a button that activates a Task in the Elk system that will close the garage door if open. More Task buttons will be added there as the need arises.

2. If a zone needs to be Bypassed or Unbypassed, click on the zone from the floor plan and the zone bypass/unbypass panel pops up.

jwilson56
October 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Coming along nicely Rick

harleydude
October 22nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Here is a picture of the LCARS Interface running on my in wall touchscreen.

kjetilhansen
October 24th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Niiiiice man! It was a cool idea to make a frame for the screen, looks good :)

dsmes
October 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Rick, that looks awesome!!! What are you using for your touchscreen? The wife unit wants a kitchen touchscreen and I'm looking for suggestions...

jwilson56
October 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Harleydude and I both used the ELO ET1545L-8UWC-1 which are sold on Ebay now and then. Its basically a 15" touchscreen that consists of a glass in a metal frame that you can mount in a wall or like in a case like I did for mine:

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18191&page=6

Its the best touchscreen I have ever used and works great with your finger with high accuracy.

Rob H
October 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
And I've just bought the 19" version for my new kitchen (specifically a 1939L).

Just hooked it up to my newly built mini-ITX PC which is built for the purpose.

I'm tempted to get another one. :)

jwilson56
October 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I think the 17" version would be as big as I would want to go.... they have dropped to around $159 on Ebay

harleydude
October 24th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CPU usage, memory usage and hard drive usage screen done.

Wernicke
September 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Would you mind making this available for me to download?