PDA

View Full Version : Conflict in Media Center (F9 Key)

[BlackDiamond]
December 13th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully this is an easy one.

I have a profile setup in Girder 4 for my Media Center Vista commands.

The problem is that VOLUME DOWN in vista media center is F9, which is also the key in girder that DISABLES it.

Every time I press Volume Down, my girder shuts off.. !@#!$!#$!

How do I overcome this?

Rob H
December 13th, 2007, 02:49 AM
It should only do that if Girder is the foreground application, are you saying it happens when Girder is in the background too?

[BlackDiamond]
December 13th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Correct, it happens at any time. Just with girder running in the tray.

For example, computer starts, girder starts minimized. I hit the key I programmed in my firefly through girder to open media center, media center now opens.

In media center, I play TV, and then turn down the volume. BAM, girder disables.

By disables I mean it just shuts off actions, its still running in the tray, just disabled. Try it, press F9 and you'll see what it'll do to your girder.

[BlackDiamond]
December 13th, 2007, 04:00 AM
You know what? I think I got everything confused.
You're right, the F9 only disables girder if girder is the foreground app.

My issue apparently is that girder does not start in the ACTIVATED / ENABLED mode.

How do I change that?

Rob H
December 13th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Really? I've not come across that problem before.

Can you try shutting Girder down and starting it up then post the details from the Logger window.

[BlackDiamond]
December 15th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Ok when I check the logs, it says it couldnt find a bunch of GML files. This may be causing my issue.

But that's fine, cause I only want my VISTA.GML to load up, I deleted all others from the GML folder.

How do I make girder NOT look for these GMLs that no longer exist?

Thanks!

[BlackDiamond]
December 15th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Ok, figured out how to remove the GMLs from loading, in registry HLM > SOFTWARE > PROXIMIS > GIRDER > 4 > OPENED FILES.

Now when I open girder, only my vista.gml shows up, and its ACTIVE, but girder itself (top bar) shows the green PLAY button, as in NOT ACTIVATED.

The Log just shows 1 entry:
Time Date Source Details Payloads
02:00:03:836 12/15/2007 NetRemote Enabled

What do I doooo ?

Rob H
December 15th, 2007, 04:32 AM
You probably shouldn't start from there! The normal way to stop GMLs from loading is to select the GML in the Girder window and Close it (either a right click and select Close or File|Close)

What does Help|About say about the Girder 4 version?

[BlackDiamond]
December 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM
When I right clicked on the GML and clicked close, i'd turn on Girder next time, and they'd still be there.

There is no errors in the log now though, so I doubt that's causing any problem. I'm sure its just a flag i need to setup somewhere that says "ACTIVATE GIRDER WHEN IT STARTS" or something, it HAS to be simple.

Anyone?!

In help about it says:
Girder 4.0.15 (Build 371)
25 days left.. which means I have 25 days to figure out my problem, or im throwing it in the garbage and going back to my old version of girder, which worked flawlessly.

Rob H
December 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
What OS are you running it on? I'm guessing this is Vista?

You may want to try Girder 5 (currently in beta, but pretty close to release I'd say) - see the Girder 5 forum here - the first message should have the download link.

[BlackDiamond]
December 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'm afraid of downloading Beta stuff.. and yes, its Vista Ultimate. x32

Rob H
December 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Girder 5 is very stable in my experience. But it's your choice.

[BlackDiamond]
December 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Ya, I'll try figuring out 4 first, then if all else fails, I'll try 5, hopefully it'll be out by then.