PDA

View Full Version : Girder and Philips MCE IR Remote

MarcVerkade
December 17th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Hello to all,

I have been strugling with Girder 4 and 5 for a few hours now and finally gave up.

I have a Philips MCE remote control. A few keys are recognised by Girder like the number keys, but the regular buttons like start/stop etc not. When girder wants me to press a button, it only acts on the number keys recognising them as keyboard input. It is actually a USB Remote receiver.

http://www.multimediapc.nl/images/MCE%20reciever.jpg
http://www.multimediapc.nl/images/MCE%20remote.jpg

Does anybody have a clue how to let this device work with Girder?
Regards, Marc

MarcVerkade
December 17th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Got it.

Need the other IR driver as explained in other forum posts because eHome does not throw the right keys to the system. After updating the driver of the IR controller, everything worked fine.

Now I have to know how to execute the 'Guide', 'Teletext', 'Information', 'Live TV', 'DVD Menu' and 'Recorded TV' buttons using Grider because they do not appear in the definition file of MCE. All other keys a have mapped. Anybody a clue?

Grtz, Marc

jfireluv
December 18th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hello,

You can just train Girder to do what you want with the buttons. Just learn the buttons the way you want them to operate. Or is it something else you are looking for?

Jimmy

Got it.

Need the other IR driver as explained in other forum posts because eHome does not throw the right keys to the system. After updating the driver of the IR controller, everything worked fine.

Now I have to know how to execute the 'Guide', 'Teletext', 'Information', 'Live TV', 'DVD Menu' and 'Recorded TV' buttons using Grider because they do not appear in the definition file of MCE. All other keys a have mapped. Anybody a clue?

Grtz, Marc

MarcVerkade
December 20th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Thanx for responding!

THe keays are not the problem. Girder sees them perfectly. The problem is that I can not map them to the guide, teletext etc function of MCE because those actions are not exposed in the MCE definition of Girder.

Does anybody know how to add/get these actions?
Thanx, Marc

no12be
February 13th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Got it.

Grtz, Marc

Hi,
I have same device and i can't make them work with girder. Can you please so me how?
Thanks
Viny

liofr
February 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
who maintain/ilmplement the MCE definition of Girder ?
thank's