View Full Version : One Firefly remote working 2 computers

December 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Background & Configuration: I have 2 PCs. Each one with a Firefly remote on different channels (3 and 12)...hence 2 remote. I have Girder 3.3.1 installed on each. Each file is pointing to a different .exe on the C drive...that is assigned to the Firefly button (via the learned event of the firefly button for a command - launch application).

Problem: Whenever I press the button to launch the application (Firefly button) on computer 1, the different application on the two different computers (computer 1 and computer 2) are launched. This is true for the other computer...it launches both applications on each computer....also all other commands (up, down, left, right, etc.). I do not want this behavior.

I believe the RF channels are working independently because if I launch Firefly on both computers and press the Firefly button on Remote COntrol #1 for computer #1, the Firefly application is only opened on computer 1.

The problem only occurs when I launch/run the Girder software.

I want each remote to work independently in the same room for each computer. What do I need to do to make this work?!? Thanks...

December 18th, 2007, 03:49 PM
IIRC the default for the Snapstream is to have all channels enabled. You have to go into the drivers somewhere to set it up to respond to only a single channel. I don't remember how to do this in Girder 3 as I'm on Girder 5 now but look around and you'll find it.