PDA

View Full Version : Girder damaged by plugin uninstall

tlum
December 19th, 2007, 02:45 AM
I decided to uninstall the Insteon plugin since it is not going to work with my EZBridge. The uninstall has trashed Girder. All of the plugins deactivated. More than a half dozen (required) files were deleted from ..\luascript\Classes. I have restored the deleted files by comparing the file system to an older backup. I re-enabled all of the plugins that I need (I think).

But everything is gone from "Automation" on the "settings" tab. For example, enabling the scheduler plugin should cause the item to show up in "automation", but it does not. All of my schedules are completely gone. I am seething with anger. Please help me to get Girder working correctly again.

-Ted-

Rob H
December 19th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Are there any errors shown in the Lua console? Have you got the Treescript plugin enabled?

tlum
December 19th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I have repaired all of the errors that were being logged, which were all related to the missing .lua files, there are no more log errors. The Treescript plugin had not been re-enabled, and after doing so, "Automation" has items in it. Unfortunently, though, it looks as if all of my scheduled events were trashed.

Please, please, warn people not to uninstall the Insteon plugin. It does a lot of damage! Lua files get deleted. All plugins get disabled. All plugin configuration is lost. And I'm afraid of what else might have happened that I don't know about yet.

Thanks for the quick assist.

-Ted-

Rob H
December 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
It certainly shouldn't be doing that. There's clearly a problem with the uninstaller. Do you know if this was the latest version of the Insteon plugin that you had?