PDA

View Full Version : Harmony 1000, Streamzap USB-UIRT, and Winamp Volume

teemo
December 29th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I think I've got things mostly sussed with my (brand noob) setup, but so far I'm loathe to get the volume up/down working with either the streamzap remote or my Harmony 1000.

I'm working off of the default winamp.gml file installed by Girder and from what I can tell I just need to tweak the "Volume Up 1%" and "Volume Down 1%" events, which I've done. So far though, volume presses on either remote only seem to control the soundcard and not the volume of Winamp. When I test it in Girder, using the Test button, it works just like it should.

One thing of note is that I use my onboard soundcard for windows type sounds, but have a separate card that Winamp is routed through. Either way though, I don't want to touch the soundcard volume, just the Winamp volume. So far, it seems like there's some master setting that maps the remote control device(s) to the onboard card no matter what I do (which has no effect on Winamp).

It's probably something simple I'm missing, but this is all new to me and . . . I'm not sure what to look for or tweak exactly. Even the "learn" button in the event editor works per se, but the best I've got from that is that it seems to send dupe signals to winamp so "volume up" and "volume down" are sent at the same time resulting in it making no change at all.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

teemo
December 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Also, one thing to note since it just started doing it again. . . when I click on a Trillian message window (not the buddy list or any other window, only message windows) it ups the volume in Winamp a couple percent (each time I click it).

I managed to get it to stop doing that by deleting the winamp.gml file (and bak file) and reinstalling Girder, but now it's back again. . .

teemo
January 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
really? no one has any ideas?