PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Problem With Girder 4 From Mobile Device

janikw
January 3rd, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hi All,

I have been tearing my hair out for days trying to get Girder 4 working on a mobile device without success. I have downloaded and installed, I assume trial copies of:

Girder4-0-15.exe
NetRemote-Designer-49.exe
NetRemote-Suite-2.0.0.99.exe

On:

An Intel desktop PC running Girder/MediaBridge 2.2.0.83
An IBM thinkpad Networked Laptop running Netremote to design and test.
An Eten glofiish X500 to use as the wireless remote control using Wifi not Ir

I have designed my netremote interface, no problems there.
I have tested the interface on the laptop, works perfectly.
I have installed the interface on the mobile device.

When using the mobile device, Media bridge works, plays music etc (there seems to be a problem showing the name of the track it is actually playing).
When it comes to pressing any button linked to Girder, nothing happens, this works fine on the laptop. I have checked and tested the Girder plugin setup, all tests ok, I have tried hostnames and ip address, no difference. The wifi is working as mediabridge functions reasonably well.

Can anybody help with Girder?

Many thanks,

Janik

P.s. this is my first ever forum post.

Rob H
January 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
My first inclination is to suggest that it may be a firewall problem, either a software e.g. Windows firewall, or something in your wireless router.

janikw
January 3rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the reply Rob.

All the windows firewalls are turned off, no symantec or anything else, the Glofiish is using the same wireless router as the IBM laptop so I'm struggling to see that it is a router firewall problem.

Just to note, the weather module works on your supplied ccf.

The logger shows that it is connected to the device, is there any more diagnosis I can do.

I have been looking for a solution to the remote control problem for years and am reluctant to give up with this one as it is the best I have found.

Regards,

Janik

Rob H
January 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Go to File|Settings|Automation (assuming this is Girder 4.0) or File|Components|Communications (for Girder 5) and select the NetRemote page.

Does it show that there's a NetRemote client connected there?

janikw
January 4th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Yes, it shows the ip address and that it is connected,

Janik.

Rob H
January 4th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Can you give an example of a button action that works on the laptop but not on the mobile device? Are you perhaps using a specific Girder plugin instance number on the laptop (rather than e.g. using -1)?

janikw
January 5th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Rob,

Thanks for all your suggestions, but after not getting anywhere I took the drastic measures of flashing the Glofiish to factory defaults, removing and reinstalling all the Netremote/Girder software on all devices and everything seems to be working well. Sorry for wasting your time Rob. Fantastic software, keep up the good work !

Regards,

Janik.

Rob H
January 5th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Interesting - I wonder what was getting in the way.