PDA

View Full Version : Lost Registration Key

loj
January 6th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Back in January 2004 I registered Girder 3.3. I've been very pleased with it -- I use it to control music-playing functions on my laptop with a remote control for square dance calling.

However, I've just bought a new laptop and am in the process of moving over to it. In the course of this, I've found that I have no record of my Girder registration key -- and, of course, the new installation on the new laptop is saying that it's the 30-day trial.

I have an email from Digital River showing the transaction, but it does not give the registration info. I even tried re-registering the new copy, but DR's webserver gave errors when Girder tried to contact it.

Is there a way of re-obtaining my registration info? I'd rather stay with v3.3 if possible.

Lawrence O. Johnstone
Ukiah, CA

Rob H
January 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Ron's preparing for CES so he may not see this until he gets back.

Can you post a reminder about this on Thursday - I hope your trial version won't expire before then.

loj
January 11th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Ron's preparing for CES so he may not see this until he gets back.

Can you post a reminder about this on Thursday - I hope your trial version won't expire before then.

It won't -- I just installed the software last week. <g>

So, now it's Thursday. (Actually, turning into early Friday morning as I write.) Do I have any way of recovering that registration key? I wouldn't even mind re-registering it, but the mechanism for that seems broken -- understandably, since it's four years old.

Lawrence O. Johnstone
Ukiah, CA

Jezreel
January 14th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I have the same problem (lost my registration key), if there is no way to get it from you, is there a way to get it from my activated copy? (I haven't uninstalled it from my old computer yet), Thanks for the help.

Rob H
January 14th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I think Ron may have been away for the weekend (recovering after CES).

Ron?

loj
January 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I think Ron may have been away for the weekend (recovering after CES).

Ron?

I know how that feels -- I feel the same way after the National Square Dance Convention in June!

Don't rush -- I still have a couple of weeks to go before the trial expires.

Jezreel
January 15th, 2008, 12:25 AM
You can try the following (which I can't because I dont have the email from digitalriver) go to www.digitalriver.com and click on customer service, there you can search for your order by order number and password, and hopefully you can get your activation code. I however have not been able to do the same, and I tried searching by email and couldnt find my order.

loj
January 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
go to www.digitalriver.com and click on customer service, there you can search for your order by order number and password

Thanks for the idea, Jezreel, but it didn't work. I entered the order number from their email and it couldn't be found. :-(

loj
January 24th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I don't mean to be a pest, but I haven't heard anything in 8 days now. Any answer, even "no, it isn't possible" would be appreciated.

Ron
January 25th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Sorry about that! Best thing to do when you need a key is to email sales@promixis.com. I've sent you a PM with the requested info.

loj
January 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks, Ron. Much appreciated!