PDA

View Full Version : Plugins greyed out

vince_b
January 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hi, fresh install of xp and 4-0-15 and the plugins are greyed and have an X the check box. Wasted an hour of installing and uninstalling and still stuck.

Attached a pic, what is wrong?

Thanks

Rob H
January 7th, 2008, 06:00 AM
That is seriously weird - I've never seen that happen before!

Do you see any errors in the Lua console? I suspect you won't since the settings dialog isn't implemented in Lua.

This may have to wait for Ron to look at as I'm completely stumped.

In the meantime can you try installing DebugView from www.sysinternals.com and see if Girder is reporting any errors there.

vince_b
January 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Well that's double weird since this happened to me when I first installed 4.0 and it was something like un/reinstall that got it but I'm darned if I can sort out what it was. Thanks for looking at it!

Rob H
January 7th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Has anyone else seen this happening?

Ron
January 7th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I've looked at that screen,.. but can't see what is wrong. What is it that you cannot do? Describe what you are attempting to do.

Rob H
January 7th, 2008, 11:18 AM
If you look at the checkboxes next to each plugin you'll see that they're actually greyed out

vince_b
January 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Any ideas? Events aren't working from the usb-uirt. Guessing other things aren't working either but haven't gotten that far.

Stuck.

vince_b
January 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
And another day passes...

Rob H
January 9th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Ron is currently at CES so probably hasn't had much of a chance to look at this.

vince_b
January 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Ok, I understand. It's just a little frustrating, this is pretty much what I experienced with the Insteon plugin, not alot of help, and then the comment was pretty much "well it's working for us so it must be you". Not the greatest customer support, and for me g4 has never been super stable so combine all that and it is hard to imagine shelling out $$$ for g5 in the future. Just my .02.

Rob H
January 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I can certainly understand your frustration.

And I wish I could offer a suggestion of how to proceed - but I think we're going to have to wait for Ron to take a look at this.

Part of the problem may be the forum software - I've certainly noticed that it doesn't always present you with all the unread messages (in fact just now I only have this thread showing as unread, yet I have an email notification of a message in another thread).

mhwlng
January 13th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Mine looks exactly the same (on G5) and is still working fine...

(i.e. I can click on an x to uncheck it and click on a white square to check it)

the 'settings' button is always disabled because that button is only used for old G3 style plugins...

Marcel

Rob H
January 13th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Ah, that's interesting - presumably then this is because you use the 'Classic' windows theme?

mhwlng
January 13th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Ah, that's interesting - presumably then this is because you use the 'Classic' windows theme?

correct... this is on XP by the way...

I just checked on another XP pc, with the default teletubbies theme...

and on vista (via Remote Desktop -> which switches to the classic theme)

see pictures

Marcel

Rob H
January 13th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks Marcel. So, Vince, is there actually a problem here? Can you enable and disable plugins after all?

vince_b
January 15th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Actually I guess there's not. I have the teletubbies (that's funny) turned off too so that explains the X's. I was thinking I needed access to the settings for the uirt, but iirc it's under one of the events or actions that you configure it. I'll post back if any trouble, thanks for the comments.

Rob H
January 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Great! Still it's a bit strange that the checkboxes are grey though, I don't remember that being a feature of the W2K interface.