PDA

View Full Version : Help launching Designer

GadgetBoy
January 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I installed Designer. Whenever I launch it, it automatically launches NetRemote, which then launches a skin. When I try to close, I get a popup that says "There are 7 references to this application from other applications. Are you sure you want to exit?" After saying yes, I cannot relaunch until I go to task manager to manually stop NRDesigner.exe.

I have tried uninstalling, and the documentation that I downloaded doesn't seem to address starting up the program.

Am I doing something wrong?!? I am about to go out of my mind!!!

Thanks in advance.

Rob H
January 9th, 2008, 08:38 AM
NetRemote Designer (NRD) needs NetRemote (NR) running in order to operate - are you actually closing NRD before closing NR?

GadgetBoy
January 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, I started NetRemote, then Designer, and Designer locked.

Any other suggestions?

Rob H
January 10th, 2008, 06:06 AM
What OS are you running on? Are there any software firewalls running (you may need to allow communication between NRD and NR)?

Tim? Any thoughts on this?

GadgetBoy
January 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Running on XP. I should point out that I am trying to run NetDesigner on a client PC, and not the PC that is running MediaBridge. The client PC has NetRemote and NetDesigner installed; the server has NetRemote, MediaBridge and JRiver installed.

Rob H
January 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
That should be fine.

What versions of NR and NRD are you running on the client PC?

GadgetBoy
January 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Netremote 2 and the latest version of NetDesigner that is available for download at Promixis.

GadgetBoy
January 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Alright, went back to the basics... Uninstalled everything and re-installed. All seems to be working now...

I can compare my dilemma to the "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?"

The world may never know......

Rob H
January 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Very strange, I wonder what was different this time? As you say, we may never know.

dotScott
January 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Is the Developer trial crippled or limited in any way? When I load the developer, NetRemote opens with the skin as described above but does not have a GUI in the right panel for layout. I see the tree on the left but the right panel is blank.

Rob H
January 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a problem with the Pronto.ttf font that sometimes occurs when you install NetRemote Designer.

First thing to try is a reboot, that often fixes this problem.

If that doesn't work let me know.

dotScott
January 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Sounds like a problem with the Pronto.ttf font that sometimes occurs when you install NetRemote Designer.

First thing to try is a reboot, that often fixes this problem.

If that doesn't work let me know.

Not sure if this is in answer to the original post or to my post after I hijacked the thread. I have verified that pronto.ttf is installed properly. Please see the screenshot below:

Rob H
January 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Ah, sorry - I misread your message.

You'll only get a right hand pane when you open up a page (double click on one of the pages in the tree or create a new one)

dotScott
January 16th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Got it! Works well. Couple questions; what is the preferred method of hiding a popup page/panel while in the GUI edit mode? Is it simply to send to back and then bring back to the front when ready to transfer? Is it possible in the current release to redirect the layout editor to a second monitor? This would be really useful for touch screens.

Thanks again

Rob H
January 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
If you right click on the frame/button in the tree you should see a Toggle State option (only enabled if the frame/button has an extra state). Also there's a Toggle All States button on the toolbar.

You should just be able to drag the NRD window to whichever monitor you want to use. It will remember that the next time you start it up.

dotScott
January 16th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Great. Thanks for the quick reply. I am in the process of developing a proof of concept for a friend of mine. He's a VP of a large AV installation firm. They typically deal with multi-million dollar installations involving Crestron controls. He was looking for an alternative (read: potentially higher profit margin) solution for certain applications. Do you have a contact for pre-sales questions?

Thanks again.

Rob H
January 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Send a PM to Ron I guess or possibly sales@promixis.com

Ron
January 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Or call us at 805-504-9740 ext 1.