PDA

View Full Version : toggle between two events with the same input

Jinster
January 20th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I am very new to Girder. I have setup a few simple input and output command pathways in Girder to control my HTPC with a IR remote. But, I have just recently added X10 and I am bit lost. I have searched but didn't come up with a simple answer that I understood. There are lots of scripts involved, it seems.

Anyway. Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to do this:

I want to press a button on my IR remote to send Girder a signal which would then trigger a "X10 device A1 on" signal. This I have done successfully. But then, how do I setup so that the next time I press the same button on my remote, Girder remembers that I turned on the device last time and now sends a "X10 device A1 off" signal instead? And alternate back to "on" next time, and so forth?

quixote
January 20th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Create a second macro or action with the same trigger. Edit your first command (A1 On) and click on the third tab at the top that says "State". Set the state count to 2 and the second slider to 1, then do the same for the other action but set the second slider to 2. States can be pretty useful and you can also reset or set the state in a macro with the actions ion the Girder action folder on the action tree. I recommend using the expert interface (View -> Switch to expert interface).

Jinster
January 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the simple explanation, Quixote. Works perfectly.

quixote
January 21st, 2008, 08:13 AM
Any time .