PDA

View Full Version : Problems w/ GIRDER + USB-UIRT

kvestergaard
January 24th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hello,

I am trying out Girder 4 w/ USB-UIRT and a remote for my H/K AVR-430 surround reciever.

The objective is to make Girder control PowerDVD 7. Now, I've managed to adjust the PowerDVD 5 plugin so it works with PowerDVD 7 (just needed to adjust settings in the Window Finder), and I've added my remote and learned most of the commands.

In the Girder Expert Interface all of the remote commands seem to have been correctly assigned to the various commands such as PLAY and PAUSE. When I select an event and use "Test Action" it works fine. When I press the button on the remote, the Log Display correctly registers that I've pressed the button on the remote and under details it says, for instance, "PLAY". But it does not activate the event itself.

I just can't see what I'm doing wrong here and I'm getting a bit frustrated with Girder. Most likely I'm forgetting something obvious but I've worked at it for quite a while now and can't solve the problem.

Anyone have an idea about what the problem could be?

kvestergaard
January 25th, 2008, 04:35 AM
I should add that I'm using the latest trial version of Girder 4.

quixote
January 25th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Did you drag the event from the logger that is generated from the remote press to your action?

Rob H
January 25th, 2008, 05:53 AM
At the end of the Controls folder in the PowerDVD 5 gml there's a Window conditional that applies to all of the actions in that folder.

You'll need to do the same with the Window Picker in that conditional and then you should be set.

Could you upload the GML when you have it working please? There's at least one other user here who was looking for a PowerDVD 7 gml.

kvestergaard
January 25th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Ahh, I see. Thanks.

I'll get to work on it later today and add some new Actions which are relevant for Blu-ray playback and then upload the GML.

kvestergaard
January 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I got it partly working now.

The biggest problem I've got right now is that the device mapping doesn't seem to work. I've added my remote using the wizard, and under the Play event it has PLAY attached, etc. etc. But that is not enough to make it work. If I press the button and drag the log entry (as suggested above) to the event, then it works. But shouldn't it work automatically without having to drag it like that?

Rob H
January 25th, 2008, 01:22 PM
When you press play on the remote, do you see the PLAY event in the logger?